Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• selling on ebay

howdy!

sold some speakers on eBay a few weeks back and now the fella's saying that there's a problem with them.
    I've contacted the people i bought them from and they say the 1 yr warranty ran out in February.

can the bloke claim as faulty and want his money back, even after leaving good feedback?? (private sale)

a plus on my side is that he paid cash, but the negative is that it was £900!!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

check your ad,see if u put/clicked returns accepted,if not they are sold as seen

Comment

Hmmmm, a difficult one this. On one side I'd be really pee'd off if I had paid £900 and something went wrong after a few weeks, on the other I'd also be pee'd off if I sold a working item and then someone complained it was 'iffy'!

What is he saying is wrong with them? Crackle, buzz, feedback? Did he connect them up correctly? How does he know it's not his system at fault?

A lot of variables to consider.
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
        check your ad,see if u put/clicked returns accepted,if not they are sold as seen
        Bugga!!

didn't see that bit!!

Comment

How long ago? How did he pay? I assume you security marked them to prove the ones he returns are the ones you sold?
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

says they've got a serious driver problem...
            seems strange that he'd not try them before now... he bought them 10th June, but only emailed yesterday to say he'd tried them saturday and one was faulty.

Comment

He's at it. If I paid the best part of a grand for a pair of speakers, I'd try them right away.

Tell me you security marked them!
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
                says they've got a serious driver problem...
                seems strange that he'd not try them before now... he bought them 10th June, but only emailed yesterday to say he'd tried them saturday and one was faulty.
                but did u click returns???

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                  but did u click returns???
                  on ad it says returns accepted within 14 days... i didn't select it, but i guess it must be an automatic thing??

it's over 14 days anyway

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
                    on ad it says returns accepted within 14 days... i didn't select it, but i guess it must be an automatic thing??

it's over 14 days anyway
                    there you go matey,just politely email,stating returns accepted within 14days as per the ad

Comment

Also worth telling him that if he had paid through PayPal he would have their in-sewer-ants (sorry, couldn't resist!) to clain on.

As it stands, I get a few people trying it on, waiting a month and then saying it was never selivered.
                      That is where the art of Sign on delivery comes to my aid!

My professional advice would be:
                      It could be his system that has caused the damage, if they left you as a known working item, then tell him to time travel back and come and check the item before bidding.
                      If he won't do that, then sorry mate, it the good old S.E.P
                      Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

Working...
                      X