Decision Time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decision Time...

Sorry guys but I've got to make a decision ... and I can't. I couldnt make a decision if my life depended on it. Here it is....

1992 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-G 2.4 very well looked after fully loaded (inc sat nav ...everything). Everything working. 94000 miles Tax & MOT'd - £2300. Real eye catcher this one.

Or

Honest looking and very sound 1993 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-X 3.0 again very well looked after mechanically sound (Air Con needs regassing though) Taxed and MOT'd 97000miles - £2000

What shall I do? My brain hurts!:

My brain says do the proper thing and stick with the SSR-X 3.0 ..that extra power and good recommendations from you guys. But the SSR-G did look good when i saw it - very nice indeed! But there is a nagging little voice in my head saying 'but its a 2.4...its a 2.4...stay away...stay away" lol

I'm losing the plot...sorry people!

I'll do what i usually do and end up not getting neither.

I dunno? LOL

What crappy weather we're having lately!
    Last edited by BigWednesday; 7 July 2008, 21:50.

Personally I would go for the 3.0 litre

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

the 2.4 is about 7-800 overpriced.
      i would seriously go for the 3.0l as its better priced and you got the extra power and it'll do about the same mpg as the 2.4
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Have 'em both....

NO

Go for the 3.0L!!!
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

if you really want the 2.4, offer him at least a grand less than his asking price, he'll either accept it knowing that it ain't really worth much more than that, or he'll haggle to get it up a bit more, or he'll tell you in no uncertain terms it's his pride and joy and he's so far up his own arse he ain't moving on price at all and it's a steal at the asking price (which is clearly ########), at this point, walk away and offer in the region of £1700 for the 3.0l, work up from there.

If i was buying again i'd prefer a 3 litre, but i'd take the best deal. A 2.4 at under a grand is always gonna be a better buy than a 3.0l for £3k.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

I own a 2.4
            If I knew anything about Surfs before I bought it, I would of looked round for a 3.0 litre. The 2.4 is fine and does well both on and off the road, however its biggest let down is on the motorway. You really have to push it to get above 70. it'll do it no problem, but its not comfortable at that speed and you can watch the fuel gauge moving.
            私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

If I was purchasing now I'd by a 3 litre. The 2.4 is a very good vehicle, but it is a little underpowered for it's weight. It will always get there and will always travel well, it's just on occasions
              it feels like it's having to try.
              Motorway speed in a 2.4 is about 65, my sisters 3.0 likes 80.

Please no one ever let my truck know I'm saying this, she's got an MOT this month, and she gets bad when she sulks.
              Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Same as everyone else has said, nothing much to add.

Get the 3 ltr

Good luck
                If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Taking my 2.4L in this week to get it pressure tested.

Get the 3L

Comment

65 & 70 mph? Mine does 90+. Takes a while to get there though.

Comment

listen to the voices,mine happily cruises at 100mph lolol,but tbh with the fuel costs i spend most of my time nursing it around,that is till my first batch of wvo is done!!

Comment

My 2.4 ssrg tows at 70mph, (80 if pushed) no probs, OK, new head 18 month ago, but still pulls like a train, but go for the 3ltr, be aware tho, they are begining to suffer head probs, same as the 2.4's do.
                        If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Working...
                        X