X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At last !

I know it ain't a Surf but it's just as impressive in my book -

at last - she's back !

Life is too important to take seriously !

###### fantastic

Comment

Just as impressive???

I remember those things doing diversions from RAF Valley to Llanbedr. What a sight, and what a noise as they climbed out!! Fantastic! Even got to sit in one once.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I used to refuel them sometimes glad I wasn't paying for the 2 tanker loads it took.

nice to know a piece of history is flying again even with it's sinister past.
        www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

if you go to wellsbourne market in Stratford on avon you can see one in the far corner were the little planes take off.

Comment

Gutted !

Yeovilton RNAS Show was a sparse affair We had to be content with a Wokka and a C17 doin their stuff, Sea Vixen was nice however nothing in comparison to seeing the Vulcan do a fly past with the Lanc !

Maybe next time at Fairford ?
            Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

It must have been a near thing getting it ready in time. Our neighbour at work was doing some car testing at Bruntingthorpe a couple of weeks ago (where the Vulcan has been restored) and was told if the Vulcan was running he couldn't use the track. He spent all day waiting for them to do some engine tests which never happened, but it looks like they sorted the problems out.
              Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

You have just missed the engine run day on the one based at Wellesbourne.

Next time it is due for a run I will post on here to let the interested guys know. I live about a mile fron the Airfield and when they run the engines it rattles your fillings!!
                Entered this world with nothing, ain't got much of it left.

Comment

That sight has got to be the best 16years and several million quids spent

Comment

More footage here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7491129.stm

Some chaps I used to work with (now retired) are involved in the restoration / maintenance at Bruntingthorpe.

Comment

Working...
                    X