First Time Out On The New Mountain Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time Out On The New Mountain Bike

Okay then, just been out for the first time and I must admit I feel ill!

Should have taken it real easy the first time, stayed on the flat, got used to the gears etc but no, I had to do hills! Not steep hills mind, but they were like the Eiger to me!

Still I've got to keep at it, I'm 52 and apart from walking the dog I've had no real exercise since I quit the gym 5 years ago. Gonna take it easy now and work my way up gradually.

I must admit though the bike was fantastic and I'm looking forward to my next effort.

Think I'll strap the bike carrier and bike on the back of the Surf and try one of the local cycle paths, that should confuse the 'Greenies', a 4X4 and a mountain bike!

Will let anyone who's interested know how I get on!
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

i got back on the bike recently too! what bike do you ride?
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

GT Avalanche 1.0, the 2008 model with hydraulic brakes.

Did a lot of research before buying and this bike came highly recommended for beginners and intermediate users.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
        Okay then, just been out for the first time and I must admit I feel ill!

Should have taken it real easy the first time, stayed on the flat, got used to the gears etc but no, I had to do hills! Not steep hills mind, but they were like the Eiger to me!

Still I've got to keep at it, I'm 52 and apart from walking the dog I've had no real exercise since I quit the gym 5 years ago. Gonna take it easy now and work my way up gradually.

I must admit though the bike was fantastic and I'm looking forward to my next effort.

Think I'll strap the bike carrier and bike on the back of the Surf and try one of the local cycle paths, that should confuse the 'Greenies', a 4X4 and a mountain bike!

Will let anyone who's interested know how I get on!

you do know that to
        1) be green
        2) get fit

you need to actually cycle the bike and not just tow it on the surf
        If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Very nice bike !

Did you enjoy it though? Ok, not the feeling ill part but when you got home afterwards?

that should confuse the 'Greenies', a 4X4 and a mountain bike
          I know what yoe mean I have a large MTB Britain sticker one side of the Surf, a bright Yellow local cycling club sticker the other side and a bike rack on the back.

Cheers

Chris
          Signature stolen along with Surf...

Comment

Yes, I did enjoy it thanks. My legs were like lead afterwards but I'm taking my time now to build up distance and time out.

I was going to go back out today, but it's normal British summer weather ............. p***ing down!

Comment

Sore bum and stiff legs have you? it's out of shape you are young skypeddeler
              my son just got a Marin rocky ridge tri burner?? hydralic brakes, paid over a grand for it from the states, mad!!! i'd have wanted an engine in it for that money
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

if you have an exercise bike do half an hour a day on that builds up your muscles for the real thing.

Comment

Working...
                X