Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This time questions about my V8.....

Hi all,

The V8 which is destined for my lounge is now fully bead blasted and the heads have been highly polished.

Question is I am going to laquer it to give a nice overall shine, so do I laquer the heads as well? Will laquer keep the mirror like finish? I am afraid that it may give it a sticky look and it will lose the high shine. (cylinders still need polishing, same question as heads I suppose)

Can anyone help?

Thanks James

P.s Only just taken photos and it is a bit dark so heads don't look as shiny as they are.
    Attached Files

v8

Originally posted by Jameswood345
    Hi all,

The V8 which is destined for my lounge is now fully bead blasted and the heads have been highly polished.

Question is I am going to laquer it to give a nice overall shine, so do I laquer the heads as well? Will laquer keep the mirror like finish? I am afraid that it may give it a sticky look and it will lose the high shine. (cylinders still need polishing, same question as heads I suppose)

Can anyone help?

Thanks James

P.s Only just taken photos and it is a bit dark so heads don't look as shiny as they are.
    AAAAHHHHHHHH a proper engine! with the correct number of cylinders-watca gonna do with it-make a coffee table?
    Attached Files

Comment

It is certainly a thought, I do like the coffee tables and I am sure I will make one, I also like the idea of making a light feature out of it. I still have another V8 and V12 so I am sure one will turn into a coffee table.

Any thoughts on the laquer?

Comment

Originally posted by Jameswood345
        It is certainly a thought, I do like the coffee tables and I am sure I will make one, I also like the idea of making a light feature out of it. I still have another V8 and V12 so I am sure one will turn into a coffee table.

Any thoughts on the laquer?
        should be alright, as long as you get an even covering and leave plenty of time to dry between coats... it should be ok.... why not spray with chrome paint?... or even get it chromed??... that would be cool!
        and combine the coffee table and light by putting low wattage lamps in the bores so the dim light shines out through the glass table top!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

how about a v8 wheelbarrow?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by fenman666; 19 April 2007, 23:44.

Comment

V8 chainsaw is better...........

http://www.speakeasy.org/%7erori/UltimateChainsaw.asf

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              now you've done it!... if dave see's that!... he's chainsaw mad!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Jameswood345 View Post
                Hi all,

Can anyone help?

Thanks James

Any update?

Comment

Working...
                X