2nd Gen Front Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Gen Front Shocks

I have been given a pair of what i think are rancho front shocks, although i have to clean them up to actually read the label or markings, apart from being a touch dirty they appear in good order, and are smooth to compress and extend, they do feel a little soft, but they have the adjuster on the bottom (which is one of the reasons i suspect they may be ranchos) and i haven't looked to see if they can be stiffened up a touch on that yet.

Anyway, what i don't know is if they are standard height, extended, or dare i say it, lowered, so can anyone tell me the compressed and extended lengths of any other front shocks, be it standard toyota ones, procomp, TJM, or anything else just to give me an idea of what these shocks actually are?
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
    I have been given a pair of what i think are rancho front shocks, although i have to clean them up to actually read the label or markings, apart from being a touch dirty they appear in good order, and are smooth to compress and extend, they do feel a little soft, but they have the adjuster on the bottom (which is one of the reasons i suspect they may be ranchos) and i haven't looked to see if they can be stiffened up a touch on that yet.

Anyway, what i don't know is if they are standard height, extended, or dare i say it, lowered, so can anyone tell me the compressed and extended lengths of any other front shocks, be it standard toyota ones, procomp, TJM, or anything else just to give me an idea of what these shocks actually are?
    Ian - if you can find a number on them, I'll look on mine and see whether they are the same - the front standard ones are taller by about 3 cm than the ProComps I've got on, but the rears are about 2cm shorter....but I don't think that's going to be an issue....

The dial should go up to 9 for the 9000s, or 5 for the 5000s....
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Sure you've got em the right way round Andy? There's potential for more flex at the rear than at the front, so my gut feeling tells me that longer shocks would be more useful at the back.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        Sure you've got em the right way round Andy? There's potential for more flex at the rear than at the front, so my gut feeling tells me that longer shocks would be more useful at the back.

I know I'm the technical equivelant to the kid in school with the plaster on his glasses - but yeah - got them the right way round - they are that different compared to the ones on there now - not from each other...

One day, I'll get round to fitting them.....
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

i got some for sale at the mo ill try and measure them if i remember!
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog View Post
            i got some for sale at the mo ill try and measure them if i remember!
            That'd be great, cheers Tim!
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Working...
            X