One of those days........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of those days........

Yesterday morning I got home from my nightshift bleary eyed and totally knackered. I was reversing my truck into the garage, with a little too much left lock on and heard the rear n/s bumper scrape on the wall. I over compensated when I pulled forward to correct my mistake and scraped the front offside bumper on the garage door frame when I pulled forward.
    I went off to bed and had a well earned sleep. In the evening I went to the garage get the car, to go to work and some lowlife had attempted to break into my garage and only succeeded in sheering off the doorhandle, making it impossible for me to get in. I spent about 45 minutes trying intelligent ways to get in to my truck, then lost my temper and gave the door a flying kick. The whole door and frame fell in.............onto my pride and joy. It was than that I discovered that the guy that fitted the extra secure garage door and frame, with shoot bolts that go into the floor and roof, had only used eight of the thirty-two screws that are supposed to fix the frame to the walls. The rest, including the wall plugs, had been hidden inside the hollow section of the doorframe.
    I am going to get the git out to repair the door and then refuse to pay him until he puts his shoddy workmanship right, even though the job is about 12 months out of warranty.
    Im off to bed now. It can only get better! Can't it?
    It's only a hobby!

I know what you mean, after me mums fence episode, it did get better.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
      Yesterday morning I got home from my nightshift bleary eyed and totally knackered. I was reversing my truck into the garage, with a little too much left lock on and heard the rear n/s bumper scrape on the wall. I over compensated when I pulled forward to correct my mistake and scraped the front offside bumper on the garage door frame when I pulled forward.
      I went off to bed and had a well earned sleep. In the evening I went to the garage get the car, to go to work and some lowlife had attempted to break into my garage and only succeeded in sheering off the doorhandle, making it impossible for me to get in. I spent about 45 minutes trying intelligent ways to get in to my truck, then lost my temper and gave the door a flying kick. The whole door and frame fell in.............onto my pride and joy. It was than that I discovered that the guy that fitted the extra secure garage door and frame, with shoot bolts that go into the floor and roof, had only used eight of the thirty-two screws that are supposed to fix the frame to the walls. The rest, including the wall plugs, had been hidden inside the hollow section of the doorframe.
      I am going to get the git out to repair the door and then refuse to pay him until he puts his shoddy workmanship right, even though the job is about 12 months out of warranty.
      Im off to bed now. It can only get better! Can't it?
      Never mind Phil, you've got a nice long weekend coming up to recover..

Comment

Bummer!
        If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

A neighbour informed me that she watched two boys (wearing the criminal uniform of hooded tops) and two girls broke into several garages in the same block. I asked her if she called the police and she said,"It's not even worth reporting if they are under 20."

:Rant: Reported crime is down, they keep telling us and no ****** wonder when people are so lethargic. Worse than that they can't even do the neighbourly thing and warn others about what is happening, so they can beef up security or vigilance. We keep ourselves to ourselves. I damn well won't. If we all looked out for each other a bit more we would win the war on the scumbags. :Rant off:

Thanx for the advice. The new caravan is getting its first outing this weekend. The mobile phone is going in the drawer and I,m looking forward to a weekend of relaxation.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

One of those months

I know what you mean the little scrotes in my village attacked my wifes car twice last month, first time ripping both wing mirrows off big big dent in bonet and roof and it only took the boys in blue 14Hrs to respond ( clasified petty crime ) this cost 1800 to repair the second time approx one week later guy in the street informed me that the car was being stoned by a group of five youths.
            I run out too catch them Wish i was 10yrs younger , my wife phones the police 999 pleace help dumb husband chasing 5 toerags in dark woods,
            1hr 40mins later youll never gues plod arrives and I dont mean to be sexist but for the second time this wpc 5f 4inc 5 tone 4 wet arrives and tells me the call handelers had prioriticed my call a low 3.
            When i told her that i nearley had one she had the nerve to tell me that i could be done if i used to much restiant ,once i came down off the cieling she informed me she was the only police officer in the hole area and were talking large area.
            ( must remember to ask the goverment to charge me more tax this year ).
            Anway damage to car this time 13 large dents 3 windscreen wipers and a respray for 5 pannels. price of this little bit of petty crime £3500.
            The one pice of luck my baby was secure safe and sound in my lock up .
            PS the son of a friend of mine sorted the little scrote out for me it felt good to be able too I.D. him by the black eye.
            If someone stole £5500 fron a bank or a buisnes what would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by celticwolf
              I know what you mean the little scrotes in my village attacked my wifes car twice last month, first time ripping both wing mirrows off big big dent in bonet and roof and it only took the boys in blue 14Hrs to respond ( clasified petty crime ) this cost 1800 to repair the second time approx one week later guy in the street informed me that the car was being stoned by a group of five youths.
              I run out too catch them Wish i was 10yrs younger , my wife phones the police 999 pleace help dumb husband chasing 5 toerags in dark woods,
              1hr 40mins later youll never gues plod arrives and I dont mean to be sexist but for the second time this wpc 5f 4inc 5 tone 4 wet arrives and tells me the call handelers had prioriticed my call a low 3.
              When i told her that i nearley had one she had the nerve to tell me that i could be done if i used to much restiant ,once i came down off the cieling she informed me she was the only police officer in the hole area and were talking large area.
              ( must remember to ask the goverment to charge me more tax this year ).
              Anway damage to car this time 13 large dents 3 windscreen wipers and a respray for 5 pannels. price of this little bit of petty crime £3500.
              The one pice of luck my baby was secure safe and sound in my lock up .
              PS the son of a friend of mine sorted the little scrote out for me it felt good to be able too I.D. him by the black eye.
              If someone stole £5500 fron a bank or a buisnes what would happen.
              The thing is m8, you dont really want to catch them unless theyre all tiny, the dogs round here hunt in packs and theyre getting braver, at least against what they think may be an easy target ie: you against 10 - 15/16 years olds, I had a close one a couple of weeks ago, maybe because I stood my ground they left it, but they mugged a guy bigger than me 30 mins later and left him in a bit of a mess!
              ...Woodie http://woodie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/D...%20Surfsml.JPG

Comment

one of those months

normaly i would have but some times we get sick of seeing the good guy getting sand kicked in his face .
                I am just syarting a new buisnes venture after being told for meny years by the pepole I worked with that because i had dyslecsea that i was thick and now i have a thriving buisnes .
                so like the rest of us i work hard and long hrs and i just got sick of awayting for the seventh cavalrey knowing that the bad guys had the bigger gun and all the amo.
                In my youth i was big and strong and i know the body iant that strong any more but try telling that to the brain.
                IT DOSE NOT ALWAYS REGISTER

Comment

Picture

Guys how do i put a picture in the signature box

Comment

Originally posted by celticwolf
                    normaly i would have but some times we get sick of seeing the good guy getting sand kicked in his face .
                    I am just syarting a new buisnes venture after being told for meny years by the pepole I worked with that because i had dyslecsea that i was thick and now i have a thriving buisnes .
                    so like the rest of us i work hard and long hrs and i just got sick of awayting for the seventh cavalrey knowing that the bad guys had the bigger gun and all the amo.
                    In my youth i was big and strong and i know the body iant that strong any more but try telling that to the brain.
                    IT DOSE NOT ALWAYS REGISTER
                    I know, grrrrrr.
                    Btw. at the top of the forum page theres a 'User CP' link, you can edit your sig. in there, the picture you use has to be published to a website for you to link to it.
                    ...Woodie http://woodie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/D...%20Surfsml.JPG

Comment

picture

Cheers woodie

Comment

just realised... that's my only anecdote for the next day out!... had to delete it!
                        Last edited by dabigman; 8 April 2004, 18:05.
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

scrap

yur the gr8test!!

Comment

i wait till there on their own & put the frighteners on them cause im sick & tired of the little scroats. caught 5 lads after they kicked my fence in one of them had a cricket bat which ended up in my posession while they where busy talking i sneaked up behind them and pounced, after they had filled there pants the cricket bat was turned into sawdust & delivered to them via there dad. but like has been said when theres a few of them its scary.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                            (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                            X