How do you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you...

...get the bl**dy lighter out. You might remember my very long thread about my lighter not working (so no GPS), well, had all the fuses tested so it must be the lighter itself or the wiring, BUT I can't get the damn thing out!!!

Help???
    "Good at cracking bones"

You need to get to the rear off the lighter and unscrew the main outer body. This will then let you retrieve the remainder out through the front of the console.

Found my wiring had cracked when i had the truck, just needed a litttle solder to sort it out.

Comment

Thx!! But how do you get to the rear of the lighter?? Had a look and there seems to be no access?? (or am I just being thick??)
      "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

Easiest way i found was to remove the centre console completely, I was fitting radio at time so this was best way to do it. You may be able to get at by just removing the lower portion and trying to get at it from below and behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
          Easiest way i found was to remove the centre console completely, I was fitting radio at time so this was best way to do it. You may be able to get at by just removing the lower portion and trying to get at it from below and behind.
          OK.... I think I might have to go and visit my friend who is better at this than me(I hope)... I have no idea how to remove the centre console......
          "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

Another quickie... How do you remove the center console??
            "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

There are two screws, (one each side) in the footwell. Put your hand on the gear lever, move it forward til you hit the plastic, now go right or left and follow the plastic down til it meets the carpet, then forward a couple of inches toward the engine. Your hand should now be in the foot well and almost directly over a screw holding the side of the lower console on!
              (sorry about the simple simon description but without pics its the only way, Cant take pic for ya cos 'er indoors' is shopping in the surf)
              Going to Raystede open day about 12-30 otherwise i'd pop over and see if i can be any help!
              You can taxt me if you need any other info!
              07980-343201
              Hope this helps
              Alan
              www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

dont forget its turd gen

Comment

AHHHHHH, maybe complete b*l***ks talking i am........

Cant be too radically different tho can it??????????
                  Alan

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tintin View Post
                      AHHHHHH, maybe complete b*l***ks talking i am........

Cant be too radically different tho can it??????????
                      Alan
                      i wouldn't have thought so,ps garden pretty much dug out now(hint hint lol)

Comment

Hint duly noted!

If you can't sort the lighter over the weekend, call or text me and i'll pop in on my way home from work on monday or tuesday!!!
                        Alan

Comment

http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs...PDF/869017.pdf

Comment

THX everyone!! MattF, the pics are brilliant! Alan, I might take you up on the offer as it seems you have to take half the car apart to get to the lighter? (I might not be able to get it all back together again...)
                            "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

No probs, my numbers in the thread, just call......
                              Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X