I Hate Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hate Ebay

Been watching a mountain bike on ebay for the last three days. With 5 seconds to go I was the only bidder at £169.99 my highest offer was £226.00. At the very last second I was outbid by 1p! The winning bid was £226.01p, how the hell did that happen? I thought it had to go up by a two pounds a time once the bidding was over £200?

I'm now full of hell and the wife and dog are avoiding me!

As you can well imagine I hate being stung!!

Ebay is *%$*+!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

I aggree, i'm sure there's a fiddle going on there, the number of times i've been done at the death like that, really firking annoying
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I agree...I was done out of a snorkle....I was way above other bids at the last minute some one pips me by a quid...no bid history....he just guessed my bid and increased it i don't think so...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

It's a total sh!tter when people mess around with Ebay like that.

I managed to win an auction genuinly once by a penny!! first thing that came to me is that the other guy would be pi$$ed!!!

Sorry to hear you got stung mate!!

Comment

It's the unsportsmanlike use of sniping applications that does it. Just not cricket in my opinion, but becoming more prevalent.

Comment

ya can get bidding programes that bid at the last second
            flaming scamers if ya ask me
            am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
              It's the unsportsmanlike use of sniping applications that does it. Just not cricket in my opinion, but becoming more prevalent.
              Oh dear, I'm afraid I've used them in the past! Seems like I've now gotten my comuppence!

Hey ho, some you win some you lose (I've calmed down now by the way, Laura gave me a glass of warm milk and sent me to bed)!
              'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

i've had a bloke bid above me, then cancel his bid and re-bid to the exact same as me...

that's shill bidding and very naughty!!... so i had to pay my highest bid...

luckily someone else outbid me, so i didn't bother.
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

You know, eBay is becoming shit for bargains anyway. You can often go get the same thing cheaper on the high street.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I snipe everything I really want to win. I snipe at 5 seconds, and have won every time I've used it.
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                      You know, eBay is becoming shit for bargains anyway. You can often go get the same thing cheaper on the high street.

Costco is the same.

Comment

eBay has had its day I reckon, I sell more on Amazon and Play these days.
                        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Yeah, Vicki was turning over nearly £60k on eBay for a while, but its dropped off pretty bad. Another reason she gave it up.

Veg oil's still cheaper at Costco Vince, and some great tool bargains sometimes.
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Yeah, Vicki was turning over nearly £60k on eBay for a while, but its dropped off pretty bad. Another reason she gave it up.

Veg oil's still cheaper at Costco Vince, and some great tool bargains sometimes.
                            I don't need veg oil Tools are just as cheap from Screwfix/Machinemart and they are both on my doorstep. (Newport/Cardiff) Costco is in Bristol, plus I'd have to pay a fiver to get back into Wales!!

Comment

i bought 2 brand new mountain bikes today,18 speed,full size,years warranty,from local car motor accesory shop 140 for both

Comment

Working...
                              X