stuff you find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stuff you find

so today after work I set about running in a cable from the back of my surf to the front for my Cb and figured 30 - 40 minutes to do a nice job.

so 1 hour in and thats on hold after i had center panels off i find a black box marked "Sports Wiring system - IPF" not sure what this was i stop for a quick google break and low and behold i find this >> http://www.redrock4x4.com/shop/products/1599.html
    so back to the surf i go to found out how much of this system is there and after another 40 minutes if digging around under the hood and i have pulled out a full set of leads, relays and switches. the reason i pulled it out carefully was the leads the run to the lights had about 3 ft of free cable working its way around the radiator and looking like it was about to foul up the fans.

anyway after i disconnected it all and its set out on the ground it looks like a full set up all i need are the lights.

the list
    2.5 - 3 hour total.
    half the inner panels of the surf out on the grass
    3 plasters
    Lots of bad language.
    8 cigarettes to lessen language

i find im up and don't need to spend £65 on this as i already have it.

im now sitting cleaning up and checking the kit out and it all seems to work
    Show me where the trench is at or can i make one!

Lucky Bugger
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Nice one Dixie.
      Alan
      www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

All i found was a dead japanese spider
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Good find Ian, Am dragging my mates Tope fishing boat out on a wash slipway today. We are off next weekend makerel fishing to catch bait, then off to the Tope fishing grounds cant wait.Will post a pic if I catch.Has anybody got any good ideas to prevent sea sickness ? I have been told to take Kwells. I tend to suffer and would rather be on the safe side, and not spoil my day...Thanks.

I,ve found a 90 bend its actually 3 1/8 dia I think it will do the job, I will get the pipe sent on mon, would it be better in one 3 meter length if they can ? if not I will get them to cut it in half.

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
            Good find Ian, Am dragging my mates Tope fishing boat out on a wash slipway today. We are off next weekend makerel fishing to catch bait, then off to the Tope fishing grounds cant wait.Will post a pic if I catch.Has anybody got any good ideas to prevent sea sickness ? I have been told to take Kwells. I tend to suffer and would rather be on the safe side, and not spoil my day...Thanks.

I,ve found a 90 bend its actually 3 1/8 dia I think it will do the job, I will get the pipe sent on mon, would it be better in one 3 meter length if they can ? if not I will get them to cut it in half.
            Which ever's earier regarging lenght Dave thanks, if you pm me your address etc i'll get the money off to you asap, doing a small job next week (mon) so there some towards it, and if a little painting job comes off i'll have the rest

i used to do some boat fishing when a mate of mine had a charter boat, never suffered from sea sickness luckl'ly, once felt a bit humpty but i think it was the curry the night before, my mate who did 12 years in the navy threw up every time he "jibbed out" always said he perhaps should have gone in the army instead, cant help with magic cures i'm afraid, just grab the handrail and your arse, dont want to chuck ya ring overboard

anyway enjoy the trip mate
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
            X