How much should i ask?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much should i ask?

Hi there, i am after some advice on howmuch i should let my k reg 2.4td ltd edition import go for. It is in a burgandy and grey colour with chrome features the interior and exterior is in excellent condition but the downside is i am having heating problems!! I had a cylinder head fitted about two months ago but have had problems since!!!!
    Help!!! Needs to go!!

mm not good sory to hear about ur troubles.
    U changed the thermostat, radcap and flushed coolant system?
    Maybe that is worth a try before selling..

otherwise it really depends what they go for the market is not really good at the mo..

Is it a manual or auto?
    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

You probably wont get more than £1500 if it looks nice. Sorry...

Yo Toby, who won the game tonight? Been in the pub...
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

So was I but I watched it. Spain were class mate 3-0

If the trucks over heating it would be very bad form to even try and dump it ob someone. So if your honest about the head issues £500-£700
        Brian

Comment

wonder what mine would be worth
          www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

I dint read it as 'overheating' just as heating probs. I assumed no heating (ie airlock)

Yeah, if overheating with a replaced head its worth much less as it could be expensive to sort.

3-0! Bastar*s! Mind you, Arschevin was shit tonight, lazy git! Liverpool dont want him after all, we'll stick with Torres.

(Did Torres score?)
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

thanks for all your advice, i havent the time to sort out the problem myself and am in need of another car so will get advertising hopefully someone will take it off my hands!

Comment

i did not watch it either...
                Glad u did Yoshie....

Then again my interest has dropped since we out...

And to u Bella I am not sure u'll get much cus overheating with a new head cud mean new engine...
                is it auto or manual?
                and how much are u looking for?

Comment

surf

hi there the surf is auto. im willing to take 600 the surf is mint apart from the problem. it is the exact same as the picture on the forum (red one).
                  Any ideas where i could get rid???

Last edited by bella17xx; 27 June 2008, 14:32.

Comment

You could pay for an add in the Surfs for Sale section.......
                    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

u beat me to it then Mudsurfer was just gonna say that.... lol

And also I wud not pay £600 in that condition...
                      There is a reall nice one on ebay with probs like urs nearly finished at £140 so I think that unfortunately u gonna struggle to get £600 for it..
                      Good ones with MOT etc and a good engine are going for 1 to 1.5k at the mo..
                      saying that some are only going for 7/800 £ in good condition running well

anyway get a ad in the or sale section and someone will offer u some ££ I am sure..
                      Last edited by TobyJug; 27 June 2008, 15:15.

Comment

£600 isn't a bad price for a breaker with the head gone as long as the rest of the truck is in good condition.I would advertise it for £600 ono and see how it goes.
                        I've paid £600 for a couple of breakers 1 with blown head
                        and i've paid £500 for a 3.0l as a breaker but im putting it back on the road tho
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                          and i've paid £500 for a 3.0l as a breaker but im putting it back on the road tho
                          and that one will be up and running sunday lol

Comment

This one went recently on e-blag:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=016

in scotia where we tend to have inflated prices for vehicles.

600 for one with potentially significant issues seems a little ambitious

but best of luck
                            Tell me if I'm wrong, it the only way I'll learn

Comment

Working...
                            X