my truck came today. more stoopid questions coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my truck came today. more stoopid questions coming

my sister dropped off my surf this morning, so i'm a happy pooh bear now.
    i've read on how to pay my subs,(i'll do that this weekend.)
    it's deffo a gen 3, hooray. YES I WILL COME OUT OF THE CLOSET!

question time.
    -how do i remove the centre console to change the head unit, (it's got a sony in it at the mo')
    -what size are the standard speakers, and how easy is it to remove the door cards?

i plan on dropping in my pioneer headunit, harmann kardon I pod controller, i may even put my sub and amp back in, to really lower my IQ.

answers on a postcard plz.
    spank you.
    m

This relates to a mark2 but I imagine the process is similar. First do this:

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/dash2.htm

Then do this!

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/dash3.htm

I recently installed Infinity 6x9's in the rear door cards which just pop off once you have unscrewed the arm rest and door handle retaining screw (though you can only open the rear windows 3/4s). I also wacked an Infinity sub i the back and amp under the passenger seat. I used sticky backed Velcro to secure the sub so I could move it easily. Works surprisingly well but would take it out if you go off road or risk getting knocked out by flying base bins!

Comment

can you spell Chav?
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

nice one fella, that's going to be my job this weekend.
        cheers m

Comment

isn't that the vauxhall car before the vectra?
          or are you referring to the burberry wearing poseurs in trackie bottoms and an IQ reducer on their head.

in answer to your question. MAYBE.

Comment

I was hoping Can't Get Right came along to add his unique brand of insightful banter to the thread and mentioning 'chav' usually works.

He also enjoys the 'benifits' of having half his boot filled with JBL stuff....
            Alan

Comment

NO WORRIES, let's try again chav, chav, chav.

Comment

I'd actually like a decent setup in my truck but my cash goes into making it more capable offroad, I might get round to replacing the rear speakers one day.
                Alan

Comment

Originally posted by mickey924 View Post
                  NO WORRIES, let's try again chav, chav, chav.
                  Am here, dont worry. thought about what u said about taking my big box out with speakers and amp. Yes i will but im gonna build a new one, haha. gonna make it a lot more practical this time..... Luv u too ya big banger, done ma brackets yet?????

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                    I'd actually like a decent setup in my truck but my cash goes into making it more capable offroad, I might get round to replacing the rear speakers one day.
                    CHAV CHAV CHAV

Comment

If its a third Gen, dash removal is nothing like that

Open the centre console, pull the hand brake lever surround up (it clicks out), next pull out the plastic around the gear lever, it too pulls back and out.

Pull off both climate control knobs, prise off the climate control facia (clips out) it will reveal two scrws, undo them they just pull off the stereo/heater surround.

Speakers are 6.5" componants up front, at the back you can fit 5 1/4" with a bit of basic fabrication (or if you are lazy buy the speaker converters off Ebay USA)
                      More Lift.
                      More Tyres.
                      More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
                        CHAV CHAV CHAV

See! it works! ###### genius.

Nae brackets yet mate, I need a size and I canny find it on Matts site.
                        Have a wee look around for me.
                        I'll cut a plate at work tomorrow (rough size) and we can just drill them to suit.
                        Alan

Comment

See! it works! ###### genius.

Nae brackets yet mate, I need a size and I canny find it on Matts site.
                          Have a wee look around for me.
                          I'll cut a plate at work tomorrow (rough size) and we can just drill them to suit.
                          no probs, might come up one night during the week for help fitting the cb, or a watch over me shoulder while i do it. could fit brackets then. Think am gonna toil for time at the end o the week. Or wot u up to tues during the day?

Comment

mmmm, I'm on holiday this week coming so missus will be in charge of my time.

Brackets will take an hour to fab up and fit at the most, CB about the same. I'll give you a shout.
                            Alan

Comment

mmmm, I'm on holiday this week coming so missus will be in charge of my time.

Brackets will take an hour to fab up and fit at the most, CB about the same. I'll give you a shout.
                              cool cool. al ask on here for a diagram. or sizes

Comment

Working...
                              X