Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Phone warning

This happened to me today, so I thought I would give you a heads up

I got a text message from UpgrdCentre saying that I have a FREE CAMERA PHONE upgrade for my loyalty to T-mobile, call 0207 078 3272, offer ends 26th June.

This has NOT come from T-Mobile, it's from a '3' dealership

I found that out after calling T-Mobile to check, I have tendered my name to T-Mobile's list of complainers on this and will be sending a suitably offensive text later.

Just don't want to see any of you guys getting caught.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

that heppens all the time... they usually phone though...

why not go for the free phone??... 3's not a bad network.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I'm sick and tired of receiving calls from other suppliers, 3 orange and even some of the high street shops trying to flog phones.
      Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
        why not go for the free phone??... 3's not a bad network.
        The under-handed, devious, blatantly false, deceptive and mis-leading marketing method might give one reason to think otherwise.

Without morals, and a ploy of that nature would infer they have none, they have nothing going for them.

Comment

what was deceptive about it??

a text from the "upgrdcntr" to give them a call about a free phone...

you don't want a phone, you don't call.

it's an 020 number, so no premium rates to pay.

Comment

what was deceptive about it??

a text from the "upgrdcntr" to give them a call about a free phone...

So the following is not intended to mislead regarding the origin of the offer? Not much.

that I have a FREE CAMERA PHONE upgrade for my loyalty to T-mobile

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
              So the following is not intended to mislead regarding the origin of the offer? Not much.

it's the same as saying. "hi, i'm matt and i'd like to buy you a pint, cos you're mates with dave"

if anything, i'd say the T-mobile reference makes it look a bit less un-solicited... but T-mobile probably sold them the phone number anyway!

Comment

Google the phone number - they have hit customers from most networks

Indian scammers
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

it's not a scam, it's sales...

they're just trying to get you to change networks and get a phone with them.

Comment

it's the same as saying. "hi, i'm matt and i'd like to buy you a pint, cos you're mates with dave"
                    That's due to nothing more than sociability. Commercial enterprises rarely suffer that trait these days.

if anything, i'd say the T-mobile reference makes it look a bit less un-solicited... but T-mobile probably sold them the phone number anyway!
                    No, the T-Mobile reference makes the origin deceptive. Plus, how would they know you have been loyal to another company? One might have only joined their ranks the week before, for example. So, the loyalty part is also a complete fabrication. Unless T-Mobile are selling them swathes of info, in which case I would be questioning T-Mobile's ethics too.

Comment

it's not a scam, it's sales...
                      A different name or term does not make it any different in reality.

This lack of morals which is prevalent these days is a major annoyance of mine.

Comment

i get calls for "upgrades" all the time... maybe just got so used to them now...

if i got time to talk i question them about new phones and gadgets... but usually just hang up!

Comment

i get calls for "upgrades" all the time... maybe just got so used to them now...
                          You've become hardened to their ploys?

Comment

To be fair to '3', the chances are that the call is nothing to do with them. It'll be some reseller of '3' contracts. I used to get a few calls/texts about upgrades to my Orange contract, they never came from Orange themselves.

If you get a call like this, ignore it. It's almost certain that it's someone just trying it on, getting you to sign a deal with them so they get some commission.

Also, don't forget, to register your number with the TPS (http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/) to help cut out these unsolicited calls.
                            Paul </Slugsie>
                            Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                              Google the phone number - they have hit customers from most networks

Indian scammers
                              Thx I.d sussed that one but my Birmingham cousin upgraded and gave me her old one 3s as her kids were sorted. Trouble is its like me all singing and dancing and mine is so simple it only took me a year to decide to look for the instructions and stop shouting into it cos I didnt know the incoming volume was set on low until hubs decided to find me the instruction book that I.d thought was terms and conds and I thought perhaps they don't bother with instruction books for idiot proof cheap ones. cutting to the chase I gave the freebie to him cos it was so brilliant but then I borrowed it to take pictures and now it won't upload them cos our xp pc doesn't recognise the phone (installed 3s cd) Think (been told by friends) I need a media card reader for the pc but do just need to state model of 3s phone or the type of memory card and where's the cheapest place to get one? No 3s phone shops near me. Wouldn't mind but he's "not allowed "a mob at work, doesn't like mobs but needs to modernise imp
                              Last edited by bargepole; 26 June 2008, 10:24.
                              mabel malamute

Comment

Working...
                              X