Biodiesel tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biodiesel tax

I'm just in the process of designing some plant to manufacture biodiesel. I thought I'd check the taxation to see whether its worth making enough to sell or whether to just make enough to run our works van and avoid the fuel duty ie <2500l/Year.

Anyway, I found this on the Customs website:

"Biodiesel : Biodiesel does not appear to have been recognised as a form of fuel until Budget 2002. The rate of excise duty for biodiesel is £0.20 per litre less than the rate of duty for Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel (ULSD). In Budget 2008 it was announced that the current duty differential of £0.20 per litre for biofuels for road use will cease from 2010. Duty thereafter will be charged at the same rate as main road fuels. "

So, its hardly worth doing as it is with 30p/l tax now payable on >2500l/Year and in 2 Years, won't be worth it at all.

Just shows this governments real commitment to the environment doesn't it

Cheers

Chris.
    Signature stolen along with Surf...

No matter how they dress it up it's all about money.

The technology is in place to have hydro fusion cars etc but they won't allow the development of these types of fuel till they have brought the country to it's knees. If they put the revenue towards the hydro fuel I wouldn't mind so much knowing that in a couple of years we could all run on water for peanuts.

Anyway if the gov allowed the introduction of hyrdo power they would have no oil to fight about.
    www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Would this differential change only apply where the annual production/use exceeds the 2500L annual exemtion limit? After all, at the moment you can use 2500L p/a without payment of any duty, so post 2010 that should not change, unless they move the goalposts again.

Definitely time to vote them out!!!
      Mike G

Comment

How does fuel duty apply to Veg Oil bought in the supermarket then? If you fill up with > 2500L/year do you need to start paying duty?

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work View Post
          How does fuel duty apply to Veg Oil bought in the supermarket then? If you fill up with > 2500L/year do you need to start paying duty?
          yup,

hence the need to keep records of usage for 6 years, they're treated the same as any other tax records.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

What a load of boll**ks

Will they stop at nothing to ensure they drive the economy and everyone into the dark ages.

Whats it all about...

ah money / Tax

I have seen quite a few people the last few weeks run out of fuel on the road. Its almost a daily occurrence seeing someone walking toward there car / van with a can of fuel.

Does anyone know of anywhere cheaper than £1 a liter for Veg. Thats what it is in Morrison's at the moment.
            If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Working...
            X