Any one missed me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one missed me?

I can here you at the back muttering "who's he".

Well I'm back from the back of nowhere, two and a half weeks with no tv, no radio, no computer, no 220v. Where would this remote place be Canada?, Austrailian outback? No 21miles west of Pitlochry near Kinloch Rannoch, where a round trip to Asda takes four hours!!

I see you've left me 20 pages to read through (I'll probably do it at work tomorrow). But I'd like to point out for the first time ever the trip did not at any point involve a recovery vehicle, the Scotland jinxe has passed.

This is why I can never sell the surf, I don't know anything that would take the abuse. Tony those roof rails are doing brill, as you can see I managed to get two roof boxs on, the front one had to carry 60 kg of dog food (a couple of dogs have allergy and we couldn't get their food in Scotland).

No don't they look cute, and this was after a 13 hour trip (only took me 11 to get back yesterday).

Yeah we roughed it, hot and cold running water, built in loo, 8 berth, but worth it when this is 3 minutes walk in the morning

and we shared a 60 unit campsite with five others. Midges were out early this year tho!

Right I'll stop yabering now and get to some reading.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Blimey, a convertible caravan, there's posh.

Comment

How many miles did the old girl do, looks brill thats what it's all about. Very jealous.
      www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Did all 8 dogs ride in the back of the Surf?
        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
          How many miles did the old girl do, looks brill thats what it's all about. Very jealous.
          2206km according to the odometer, which according to the Sat Nav is over reading (same as the speedo) that works out at..........1378.75miles (or 320litres of diesel).
          It's 529 miles there and 530 miles back.

It's three years since we were last there. That was the year the head went on the M74 9 hours into the journey, AA recovered us home back home 24 hours after we left, and then we went back up in a hired transit two days later.

The old girl still hasn't got any aditional transmisson cooling and she took that load up some 1/3s with tight bends. I recon that loaded she comes in at about 3 1/2 tonnes!!
          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
            Did all 8 dogs ride in the back of the Surf?
            It's actually nine, yes nine dogs.
            The Surf only has back seats when it's MOT time basically from the front seats back is all dogs (with a little built in storage).

Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Yes I was wondering how ya was getting on, nice Scenery by the way n great Pics Duane, glad ya was able to enjoy ya trip this time round ....
              Last year we did over 1500 miles in the ole' gal ya towed at the Plain, now just gotta do it in the new en some time ....

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

glad you had a good trip mate, those midges are torture eh?
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                  glad you had a good trip mate, those midges are torture eh?
                  I don't know what you mean

Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
                  X