No announcement yet.

2.4 vs 3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is down to what you get used to..... I have the 3:0 V6 petrol (quickest, most powerful of all the 2nd Gen Surfs) so either of the diesel motors would sound & feel really noisy and the 2.4 as sluggish as hell.

I can’t think why anyone would want to buy a 2.4 unless it was a to do a conversion to a V8 etc.
    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Some 2.4's are like slugs and others quite rapid ......more power with a 3ltr

some advice on buying here may help.............

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/faq.htm
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

for what its worth I did all my research on here about what to look for, kept my eyes open, found a 1993 3litre for £1700, asked on a number of forums if there was anyone who knew lots about Surfs, lived nearby and who was willing to come and have a look at it with me.

Went and looked, all seemed in good order, had a clonk on full lock which thanks to this forum I knew was solvable with a few dabs of grease, knocked the guy down to £1500 because of it and a few other points. Gave the guy who looked at it with me £40 as thanks and drove it home.

A few months later its running great (touch wood) and puts a smile on my face every day.

Do your research, take your time and don't spend too much. You'll need that money for the mods you do after you've bought it!

'I don't want any mods' I hear you say?
        You will.....

Comment

are uk 2.4 prone to the same head prob?

????????

Comment

Anything has the possibility of a head problem, no matter what country it is from or what engine size it is.

Comment

i had my 2.4 for 5 years ......2 overheats due to mud in the rad and it was the bottom end that gave out (my fault i think) .....

took the head off and it's fine ....just waiting for the pressure test so i can sell it(need to get valve tool first)
              ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by h20mark69 View Post
                Are uk 2.4 prone to the same head problems????????
                Not in a 4runner as UK runners never had the 2.4 in, possibly in UK pickups if any were fitted with a 2l-te between 1989 & 1993. All surfs were originally JDM vehicles so if it's a surf and it's over here it's an import.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Working...
                X