Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micky Thompson ATZ

Anyone got any experience of these?

I'm after a set of ATs, and Silverline stock these. Top of the list at the mo is good ol BFGs, with General Grabber AT2's close behind.

I'm after a good hardwearing tyre. Are Mickey T's good in this respect? Tony, you've got some haven't you?
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Originally posted by Apache View Post
    Anyone got any experience of these?

I'm after a set of ATs, and Silverline stock these. Top of the list at the mo is good ol BFGs, with General Grabber AT2's close behind.

I'm after a good hardwearing tyre. Are Mickey T's good in this respect? Tony, you've got some haven't you?

Go for the GG AT2 mate - I have one truck on those and one on BFGs and I'd go for the GGs anytime over the BFGs - same kind of tread pattern, good hard wearing tyre, at about 1/2 the price of the BFGs.
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

I had GG's and they were excellent, Bibs has em now.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

me too GG's seemed fine for me. my new treads are coming the morn. 4 kumho KL71's 305/70/16, £340. anybody used these and know if these are any good. only heard theyare a good tyre

Comment

Have you SEEN the Mickey T's though?

Yeah I know, I'm fickle.

Will probably end up going for the GGs though...

Comment

yup, in this months TOR i think. Aren't they doing another tyre feature / comparison thingy next month? Might be worth waiting for.

They do look nice though!
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
              yup, in this months TOR i think. Aren't they doing another tyre feature / comparison thingy next month? Might be worth waiting for.

They do look nice though!
              GG's look just as good, if not better i think. everyone i spoke to has said GG's are good. so for a safe and proven choice without spending loads and loads o pennies, GG's are the ones.

Comment

The Mickey's look pretty open for an AT. The TOR feature is mud tyres. Got some of them, wearing like crazy on the truck!

The Mudzillas look great, perform well offroad, but are as soft as a very very soft thing. You can pinch the tread blocks with your fingers!

GWH and Stein both have KL71s. Look great, seem to perform well enough. They look somewhere between a mud and an AT.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

GWH and Stein both have KL71s. Look great, seem to perform well enough. They look somewhere between a mud and an AT.
                  My magazine had a MT comparision thing this month.

The KL71 came out on top very, very close to BFG MT which was waaay in front of all its other competion.

So, KL71's are a damn good tyre.. but i do believe they are quite quick wearing too...

Comment

Must admit, if i had the money i would get BFG's. i like them a lot.i think they are the best looking tyre and they are prob one o the best performing and wearing. my old boss has had his on for a few years now and he does a lot o miles

Comment

Anything with an open tread will wear quicker in comparison to a closed tread design. Less rubber means more block movement means more wear.

Which means I probably just answered my own question... BFGs or GGs then!

Comment

Andy the GG are a fantastic tyre. They are good for 30k miles + and I have seen plenty trucks, mine included tackle all of Drumclog on them.

Super bang for your buck mate.
                        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                          My magazine had a MT comparision thing this month.

The KL71 came out on top very, very close to BFG MT which was waaay in front of all its other competion.

So, KL71's are a damn good tyre.. but i do believe they are quite quick wearing too...
                          Not using the truck that awfy much now and if a can get them for 340 a suppose a cant go far wrong

with m/t tires do u get any vibration through the steering wheel

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                            Andy the GG are a fantastic tyre. They are good for 30k miles + and I have seen plenty trucks, mine included tackle all of Drumclog on them.

Super bang for your buck mate.
                            halo brian. how are you. any word on brackets yet

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
                              Not using the truck that awfy much now and if a can get them for 340 a suppose a cant go far wrong

with m/t tires do u get any vibration through the steering wheel
                              Spot on mate, they are a cheap tyre!! If your not doing loooads of miles then they wont be an issue for a long time to come.

They are an amazing tyre so you cant go wrong!!

Im on BFG MT an dont notice any vibrations in the wheel.

Comment

Working...
                              X