yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which would be the best intercooler set up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which would be the best intercooler set up?

Ok been offering up my trooper cooler to my truck and got a few ideas as to where it should sit. Your opionions would be appriciated.
    Option 1,

running front to back, need to put a series of bends coming out the turbo, and a llength of flexible pipe to intake. The thing is the flexi pipe would run over the top of the radiator, so would sink up the heat kind of defeating the cooler air idea.
    Option 2,

running left and right, conventional set up using bends and bits. The only problem is it obstructs the dipstick and oil filler. Can still get to them, but will need a filler pipe.
    Option 3,
    no pic here, but the idea is to fix the intercooler to the underside of the bonnet and run some flexi pipe to conect everything up. Wont obstruct any parts of the engine, but costly in pipework
    Option 1
    0%
    Option 2
    100.00%
    Option 3
    0%

The poll is expired.

Hold my beer and watch this

where is the option...build some checker plate tea trays on to it ??
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

how about to on the side behind the air filter
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazzard View Post
        how about to on the side behind the air filter
        fuel heater's there

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
          Option 3,
          no pic here, but the idea is to fix the intercooler to the underside of the bonnet and run some flexi pipe to conect everything up. Wont obstruct any parts of the engine, but costly in pipework
          jas if you connect it to the underside of your bonnet, the pipe will have to be mega long and very flexible.

opt 2 is your best bet. can't you make a bracket so you can move it over to avoid the dipsticks

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
            jas if you connect it to the underside of your bonnet, the pipe will have to be mega long and very flexible.

opt 2 is your best bet. can't you make a bracket so you can move it over to avoid the dipsticks
            from where its sat the dipsticks will come out, good job they have some flex

Comment

Hi J,

Your option 1 would probably suffer heat soak from the turbo. Option 3 would need a lot of pipe as you say

I pushed mine away from the turbo to keep it as cool as poss, also easy to get to the dip stick, use a flexi funnel to fill with oil, works OK.

Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Jason,

Can you post a few pics of the cooler so I can see what the both ends look like - cheers
                Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo View Post
                  Jason,

Can you post a few pics of the cooler so I can see what the both ends look like - cheers
                  will do tomorow, cooler is in the truck and i'm in my room in my boxers (go on picture that in your mind ) The cooler is from the 3.1 isuzu trooper the connection points are on the side and about 3" diameter, but going to weld on reducers to 2"

Comment

Working...
                  X