rubber blocks for 3rd gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rubber blocks for 3rd gen

Need some help guys, i need to know the size of the rubber blocks that go onto the rear wheel carrier as it latches to the bootmine are missing and the carrier rattles like mad.

Colin
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Just had a quick look at mine and these measurements are provided in metric only (sorry I'm old imperial and impoverished)

Depth 3cm

Width 5cm

Height 4cm

The block appears to reduce ie slightly champfered by 3mm towards the pressure hook that goes in to the receiver ,hope this helps ?
    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

thats perfect thanks Mate, are they attached to the tailgate or the wheel carrier?
      Last edited by charvell; 12 June 2008, 18:18.
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

The block sits on the wheel carrierand is cut as a 'sleeve' that goes round the pressure hook the aperture is 3cm wide ans 2cm high you can regulate the pressure by tighyening a nut at the back, there is a thread on here about tailgate wheel carriers...somewhere...sorry mate I'm not too technical on this stuff now solid rivets and Helicopter airframes I'm a bit better

anyway hope it helps

John

btw lookin at a FV434 nice hiab on it!

Comment

There's a set of numbers I haven't heard in a while !

I used to be the third man on a 434 crew in the dim and distant past ....

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

You may regret telling me that !

You will get lots of stupid questions ,you do realise this don't You?

We do have a fully spec'd tank driver/instructor on site but being a typical Glaswegian he does wind me up a lot

But what a useful piece of kit !

Looking at buying one off the milweb site £7k as a runner

Comment

But you may also regret asking me .....

My main role was being used as ballast when lifting FV432 packs with the HIAB - it was quicker to have me standing on the gearbox to square up the pack during the lift rather than constantly adjusting the crane lift and pitch

I was also a dab hand at undoing muff couplings BUT that's nearly 30 years ago - I'm nowhere near as slim and flexible these days

But ask away - I could do with a laugh !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
              X