National Fuel Protests 22nd June & 4th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Fuel Protests 22nd June & 4th July

Hi everyone, thought I would kick off my first post with this given its so topical

Soon there will be a protest near you! Join in and put up or shut up.

Details of these two peacful events can be found on Facebook groups : Fuel Protest 2008 North West UK and Wales and also Drivers United.

If no protest in your town, please get involved and organise one.

Lets get coordinated and lets make change happen!

Also see your local press for details or search the web.

Thanks

People on facebook generally aren't old enough to own cars are they? I cant be a$$ed to join said site, so when you get details, post up on this thread?
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      People on facebook generally aren't old enough to own cars are they? I cant be a$$ed to join said site, so when you get details, post up on this thread?
      It's MySpace that is full of kids. FaceBook is the one that is aimed at the slightly older internet-socialite.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

I have a few real friends, and enough virtual friends on here. Cant be bothered spending even more time typing!

Comment

Details from Facebook

WE NOW HAVE A DATE FOR THIS DEMONSTRATION..

FRIDAY 04th JULY (TIME TO BE ANNOUNCED)

WE WILL BE DRIVING FROM QUEENSFERRY (exact location to be advised) TO THE WELSH ASSEMBLY OFFICES IN COLWYN BAY VIA THE A55 EXPRESSWAY AT A VERY LOW SPEED IN CONVOY,SO OBVIOUSLY WE NEED AS MANY VEHICLES AS POSSIBLE TO ATTEND.
          WOULD ALL MEMBERS OF THIS GROUP PLEASE ADD EVERYBODY ON YOUR FRIEND LIST.
          WE REALLY DO NEED AS MUCH SUPPORT AS POSSIBLE.
          ANY QUESTIONS CAN BE DIRECTED TO > grsmechanical@hotmail.co.uk.

WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE EVENING LEADER YET AGAIN FOR ANOTHER FRONT PAGE HEADLINE, IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT YOU CAN GO TO THEIR WEBSITE AND READ THE STORY THERE.
          ALSO ON MARCHER SOUND AND COAST FM, THERE IS A RADIO INTERVIEW THAT MARK RECORDED ON BEHALF OF THE GROUP, I BELIEVE IT WILL BE AIRED IN THE MORNING .
          ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT BUT WE REALLY DO NEED MANY MORE MEMBERS SO PLEASE INVITE ALL YOUR FRIENDS / FAMILY.
          AND PLEASE PLEASE JOIN US ON THE 4TH JULY
          REGARDS GWIL AND MARK
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I have a few real friends, and enough virtual friends on here. Cant be bothered spending even more time typing!
            With you there. I do have a FaceBook account, but I log into it about once every 4 or 5 months. Really can't be arsed with it. I don't understand half of what goes on there.
            Paul </Slugsie>
            Immortal.so far!

Comment

My teenage lad has a Bebo account.

I've looked, but have no clue what they are talking about. They use some kind of text-speak code indecipherable by adults!

Comment

Originally posted by hannbabe View Post
                Hi everyone, thought I would kick off my first post with this given its so topical

Soon there will be a protest near you! Join in and put up or shut up.

Details of these two peacful events can be found on Facebook groups : Fuel Protest 2008 North West UK and Wales and also Drivers United.

If no protest in your town, please get involved and organise one.

Lets get coordinated and lets make change happen!

Also see your local press for details or search the web.

Thanks
                And this has what to do with Surfs? Perhaps if you gave details of your vehicle and then said, "How about joining a fuel protest as my Surf is costly to run", that would have given you more credibility, no doubt you have posted on many other motor orientated forums perchance?
                'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                  And this has what to do with Surfs? Perhaps if you gave details of your vehicle and then said, "How about joining a fuel protest as my Surf is costly to run", that would have given you more credibility, no doubt you have posted on many other motor orientated forums perchance?
                  Well, unless your Surf runs on fresh air I'm guessing it's relevant...

Dosn't matter what car/truck people drive at the end of the day we are all in the same boat here.

Comment

It does run on fresh air actually, mixed with diesel of course.

Poorly phrased opening line perhaps, but I take it you didn't take into account the rest of my statement then?
                    Last edited by Scorpion; 12 June 2008, 18:15.
                    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Must admit, the single thought that pops into my mind upon seeing the following sentence is something slightly unsuitable for print. That attitude is really going to endear people to join in.

Originally posted by hannbabe View Post
                      Join in and put up or shut up.

Comment

There were two things.

The one you noticed, and 'Facebook'

I'm older than 10!

Comment

I'm older than 10!
                          And by quite a margin too.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                            Up yours, Ging!

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                              thats just cruel matt kick a man when he's down why dont you

Comment

Working...
                              X