Hi & Thanks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi & Thanks!

Just thought it was about time I said Hi. Just bought a Surf about 3 weeks ago and already from this forum I have learned how to flush the cooling system and replace the OEM stereo.

Thanks for the VERY useful info, and I look forward to finding out anything else I'll ever need!

We bought our Surf to tow our track car as the Audi A4 just wasn't man enough and we got through rear bearings for a past-time. Looking forward to trying a different type of 'hill climbing' one day from our usual style (Speed Hillclimb)!

Thanks again!

Mark

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum, now just wait for the rest to post the usual:
    What colour is it?
    Do you have any pictures?
    Now you need to get it muddy!
    Watch out for the squirrel and the yeti.

Once you've had these replies you'll feel at home. (Oh, I've spoiled it for everyone else now!)
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the nuthouse !!!

Feel free to join the banter and make yourself at home.

Don't worry about old scrap iron, we've glued the roof on his aquarium so can't escape

The yeti will welcome you later, just DON'T get downwind !!!

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Welcome to the forum, I hope it remains to be useful to you and you enjoy the banter on here, it can get heated, cheeky or downright hilarious.

enjoy.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Hello and welcome.

I take it you're familiar with Gurston Down then!

Do you compete at Prescott and Shelsley too? I get along to spectate now and again.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Welcome to the forum,

Where abouts in Somerset are you? I will be taking the weekend home down to your neck of the woods in July, we will be in Martock (about 10 miles from Yeovil).

If you are not too far away we could meet up and have a brew, don't mind the missus she only bites the 1st time she meets somone.

We love it in your area, we hope to move there in the next few years.

Hope to meet in July.

Mark

Entered this world with nothing, ain't got much of it left.

Comment

Apache - thats our only venue at the moment. Have done a few sprints at Colerne and Llandow as well as a couple of other hilllcimbs, but we love Gurston too much (wife & I double drive the car).

Know Shelsley well - got an old school mate of mine's Dad competes in Will Gollops old 6R4! A right beast of a machine! Malvern is "home" for me, Malvern Wells in particular.

Baldy - used to live near Yeovil, but now at the northern reaches of Somerset, almost Bristol, but far enough away that we aren't

Comment

That mate of yours wouldn't be Ken Simms would it? He has a red 6R4 but with twin turbos added. Its a complete animal!

He lives over my way. Drinks in the Green Dragon on Guarlford straight.

If you get to Shelsley or Prescott (august I think), give me a shout. I'll be there, though the truck might not be too fast up the hill!

Comment

Do you know a guy called John Opie???

Just a thought, he's my old English teacher and we all thought he was a bit dull until he brought his car in one day and told us all what he did in his spare time....
                  Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Check this site out

The home of Hillclimb

Comment

I was at school with Ken's son Sean, but yes, thats the right car - a real monster by all accounts!!!

This season we are sticking to Gurston as being in the Pub trade we get precious few weekends off, so have been selective this season with our events. The nationals are spectacular. Martin Groves et al are great fun to watch and we aren't anywhere near that standard yet.

Heres a piccy of the Pulsar (not got one of the truck yet!)

Comment

Working...
                      X