Our little adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our little adventure

As a few of you know Melons and i celebrated our 15 year wedding anerversary this year, and for this event we had a break without the kids..........

A trip to scotland and what a experience it was, we booked a room at highlander1's B&B and was offered the chance of a fishing trip as well..

Well we dropped the kids off with my parents, on wednesday morning and headed North in Melons Focus, battled our way up o the M1, a tea stop had been arranged at MattF's and after 4 hours stopped outside Matt's.
    That Gypsy suits it's owner ........a hour and a half later the splash and dash (not) was over and we started the long run north again, next stop Glasgow........Up the M1 , accross the country on the M62 and on to the M6 where the sat nav declared continue on for 170 miles.
    We got to Glasgow eventually and thats when the fun started .....Rush hour and the satnav shut up .......HELP no signal.... Out came the map and Melons got us onto the A82 (hence no visit Yoshie)and still a 100 miles to our bed.
    Now the A82 goes through Highlands and it was our first time ......such beauty words cannot describe the experience .......

Well we traveled through the evening and arrived at fort william at 20.30and at Brydens-Craiglea at 2100 to a very warm welcome ........

more to follow............
    Last edited by BioHazard; 8 June 2008, 09:39.
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Got to go and get some food now so will continue later

Right i'm back now ....................

As i said we arrived at highlanders at 21.00 to a warm welcome, Jan and John sorted us out with a bit of food , some beer and a few wee dramms , then we chatted about surfs and off roading ........

Needless to say we went to bet a bit tipsy and awoke in a slightly fragile state ........opened the curtain to be greeted with a veiw of beauty .......

After recovering from this awesome sight we made our way to the kitchen to find John cooking a massive breakfast and shouting out of the window 'Keishia hooooooo' and being replied to with a 'HOOOOooooooo' at this point i got curious and we investigated outside to find John's Owl .......

After a giant breakfast , we loaded up John's surf and went to his boat which is moored on Loch Ailort. Orca is a lovly boat and we enjoyed our day in her fishing .........................

Orca

a view up the lock

the proud Captain

rumm and eigg

signs at sea

Arisaig

We sailed around to arisaig for lunch and then carried on fishing till about nine that night ....We didnot get a big hall of fish and it was mackerel......

But it was a unforgetable experience that John provided for us

we returned back to his house where he cooked us the mackerel in oats and fresh mussels ......what a great meal to finnish a great day .......

the rest is to follow later as got to spend some time with the kids now and helping Melons with the washing
    Last edited by BioHazard; 8 June 2008, 13:25.

Comment

Part 3 ..........

Anyway after the Mackerel and mussel supper and a few more wee dramms we hit the sack whilst a thunderstorm hit the loch ..........

the next day despite all the offers of our host to show us about and guide us up the nearest mountain ( ON FOOT !!!!) we decided to have a tourist day ( due to Melons having sea legs still )...So we went to fort William for a mooch, where i got another fishing rod , much to Melons disgust (whoops)and then went for a trip down Glen Nevis

then a drive down a bit of the great Glen ........but we cut that short for a Distillery tour , Ben Nevis Wiskey.........

A few samples latyer we then went to GlenFinnan to look at this ......Harry Potter fans will know

then a land trip around where John took us the day before.......No comparison to the sea voyage as the landside route was boring

well we returned to eat the Giant Salmon that he caught and went for a late evening trip around the Loch to catch Pollock ........we did .........1 .........well thats fishing so a few more wee dramms

still the last day Melons cried when leaving she enjoyed herself that much and it took us 9.5 hours to get home

1224 miles later it's over but the welcome we got and the whole feeling of the place we are going back ........after i am getting made redundant next year ......FOR A WEEK

Watch out up there BIOHAZZARD WILL RETURN

Oh and for you who wish to go .............................. ... www.brydens-craiglea.co.uk
      Last edited by BioHazard; 10 June 2008, 08:33.

Comment

Come on, come on............................ ............

Comment

Pretty good so far !

I used to use the A82 when I was going back and forth to Benbecula - beautiful scenery but it can be REALLY slow when the tourists are about

All we need is more PICS and more WORDS - get your finger out man !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Nice pic of my back garden bio - come on get on with it.....
            Tell me if I'm wrong, it the only way I'll learn

Comment

Hurry up man! Don't keep the others in suspenders! You Tease!
              'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

typical.melons give him a nudge and wake him up.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazzard View Post
                  That Gypsy suits it's owner

Where's the rest of the tale, btw? We're all waiting.

Comment

I'm trying but we have to sort things out today as well as it's back to work tomorrow

Comment

Lovely pics. You had a good time then?

Comment

I really enjoyed the company Orca will be repaired soon

Can't wait for the return trip Had a great time Cheers to both of you bring the kids next time.
                        www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

I know that road well, cracking pics.
                          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

nice photos - and good weather too!
                            glad you both had a great time up here,
                            trust the midges werent too bad then?

I drove over to aonach mor for skiing a few times this winter, takes me 2hrs 15min to get to that great part of Scotland from home

i love the mountains and lochs, and Highlander1's places has all of them, a peaceful setting
                            Landcruiser Colorado
                            Sub. Forester

Comment

oh my god that owl is lovely always wanted one

Comment

Working...
                              X