Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen towbar electrics

Hello all

I need to wire up the aux power for our caravan, and have the two socket kit to do it, but don't know where I take the 12v from....do I need to run a separate supply from the battery, and if so - where is the best place to route the cable to the back so I can wire in the bar?

TIA
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

I can't remember what the auxillary circuits draw, it ain't gonna be huge current. TBH it'd probably be easier just to take all your feeds from under the dash somewhere and just run em under the edge of the carpet. The lighting circuits can all be tapped into behind the rear panels without too much difficulty. I guess the other place where you have a substantial power feed that will handle the auxillary socket no problem would be the rear window relays, the main power in should be fairly heavy.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Methinks you may be in error Mr Nero .......

The 12S socket includes the fridge 12V supply AND the caravan battery charging line - there are actually issues with the earth line for the 12S overloading and melting the socket sometimes !

I've emailed Andy a shedload of info on towbar wiring (and some other caravanning stuff that's of relevance to new caravanners). If anybody else is interested then PM me your email address

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Can u send me info on electrics too as i have to do mine yet, was told there is wiring set up ready for the tow bar electrics on the 3rd gen, there may be a clip to plug in under the carpet in the boot area or so instructions say, i got the instructions here but same as tow bar itself not the greatest
        My email is Retribution1888@talk21.com:
        Last edited by Retribution; 6 June 2008, 13:49.

Comment

Not done mine yet either. NO MONEY
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky View Post
            Not done mine yet either. NO MONEY
            I got the kit no sure what i gotta do

Comment

It's on the way - but there's 4mb of pdfs so it may take a while to open !

If there's anything other caravanning related info you need give me a shout and I'll see what I can do

Comment

Thanks for that bob will check my email now, could be a good sticky same as the tow bar fitting, along with roof racks

Comment

If it were possible to post it as a sticky I'd do it on here and on the caravanning forum I use - unfortunately there are reasons why it can't be done !

Comment

Well it's still good of you sort us out bob nice 1

Comment

Not a problem - I'd help with Surfs too if I knew anything about them !

Comment

Working...
                      X