crank seal leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crank seal leak

I think the oil leak on this new truck is coming from inside the gearbox as there is only a small amount of oil at the top end of the bell housing and the rest is totally lagged and only leaks when the engine is running.
    Is there any where else the oil could be coming from.I cant see any oil coming from around the head anywhere or the rocker cover so it seems like the gear box/bell housing area.
    If it is this seal insidethe bell housing i know the gear box has to come off but how hard is it to do the seal as i may end up having to do that.

I have also got to get the tickover raised a bit as its at about 600rpm.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

hi richard,
    the seal is easy to do once the gearbox has been pulled off,
    i done mine recently,
    the seal from toyota was about £50,
    i also replaced the torque converter oil seal whilst the box was out that was about £30 from toyota,
    it just isnt worth doing the job twice,
    imagine putting it all back together to find the torque converter seal now leaking,
    just as well replace it whilst the box is off,
    any way once the box is out and the torque converter dissconected,
    undo the bolts on the centre of the flywheel,
    pull it off then undo the plate on the back which is held on by a 10 mm bolt this plate holds the crank seal from getting pushed out i think under pressure,
    then flick the seal out and replace it,
    its probrably only a 30 minute job once the box is out ?
    have fun,

Comment

Cheers Lee.I am getting a few prices at the mo to get the job done as i am back to work on friday so i won't have a great deal of time to sort it myself.The only trouble is most places now can't touch it for 6 - 8 weeks so i may give it a go myself if it comes to it.
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
      X