what do ya reckon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do ya reckon

Right been to see two surfs today both 3.0Ltrs both cars will have underseal done and have 3 months unconditional warranty, also would fit a turbo timer to any of the cars for free whatever one of those are i just smiled cos i didnt wanna seem too stupid.

Surf #1
    1993 L Burgundy ssrg Auto with 70.000 kilometers on clock recaro seats, cruise control all usual electrics CD and cassette player, ffsunroof and colour coded rear spoiler, it was in the usual good condition, taken for a test drive and was superb to drive smooth and powerful as you would expect, pointed out to dealer that tyres looked a bit short of depth and he agreed and said they would sort out some decent tyres and fit a extra cooler to transmition because i was going to tow with either car, price all in £6750 unusual for this car was it had 3 original keys with central door lock buttons that worked

Surf #2
    1993 L reg again black ssrx ltd manual 5sp, all usual extras again in the same condition of 1st car, 125.000 kilometers on the clock, colour coded spoiler, cassette radio, dealer will replace rusted corner bumper i saw and was livid with a small dint he found on n/s wing that had been done by people who valeted car, and said this would be repaired to original condition, took out for a test drive and felt strong to pull away and drove well gearbox seemed fine, only snag was a slight steering wobble at about 50ish apart from that very good, price £7000 what i need advice on is this do they seem ok price wise for the spec and age, or do you feel they are a little on the pricey side, anyway thanks for your patience..
    Cheers Dave
    P.S i know this is what they all try to be, but the guy i saw was really aproachable, chatted my head off, and didnt talk any bull.
    Last edited by firefly; 3 April 2004, 19:02.
    if a politition is talking its lying

Originally posted by firefly
    Right been to see two surfs today both 3.0Ltrs both cars will have underseal done and have 3 months unconditional warranty, also would fit a turbo timer to any of the cars for free whatever one of those are i just smiled cos i didnt wanna seem too stupid.

Surf #1
    1993 L Burgundy ssrg Auto with 70.000 kilometers on clock recaro seats, cruise control all usual electrics CD and cassette player, ffsunroof and colour coded rear spoiler, it was in the usual good condition, taken for a test drive and was superb to drive smooth and powerful as you would expect, pointed out to dealer that tyres looked a bit short of depth and he agreed and said they would sort out some decent tyres and fit a extra cooler to transmition because i was going to tow with either car, price all in £6750 unusual for this car was it had 3 original keys with central door lock buttons that worked

Surf #2
    1993 L reg again black ssrx ltd manual 5sp, all usual extras again in the same condition of 1st car, 125.000 kilometers on the clock dealer will replace rusted corner bumper i saw and was livid with a small dint he found on n/s wing that had been done by people who valeted car, and said this would be repaired to original condition, took out for a test drive and felt strong to pull away and drove well gearbox seemed fine, only snag was a slight steering wobble at about 50ish apart from that very good, price £7000 what i need advice on is this do they seem ok price wise for the spec and age, or do you feel they are a little on the pricey side, anyway thanks for your patience..
    Cheers Dave
    Prices seem a bit back to front, SSRG is higher spec than SSRX and its only got 70,000 on the clock as opposed to 125,000. So the SSRG should be dearer or the SSRX cheaper.
    Wheel wobble is probably balancing or out of shape tyres, I would ask him to replace all four tyres on what ever vehicle you choose unless he can prove he has already. They may have sat for several months and can go out of shape and blow out due to tired walls, not common but it has happened.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Hi KOI
      the reason the ssrg is priced at 7k is because in his words being a manual its rarer and in some peoples eyes more appealing, meaning your willing to pay that bit more for a manual if your unsure about auto box i suppose..
      agree with the tyre thing, he did to his credit say he was willing to put new tyres on any of the cars i wanted and would sort a deal out for me.

Comment

For price comparisons have a look through the for sales section, theres a nice black 1995 SSRX £7195 in there.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
          For price comparisons have a look through the for sales section, theres a nice black 1995 SSRX £7195 in there.
          Why not get both of them.
          If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
            Why not get both of them.
            His profile does'nt say SPOILT BRAT so he's having one
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

i think you would find if i could afford both, id but a 3rd gen lol

Comment

Working...
              X