Steering wheel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering wheel problem

Does anyone know how much of a job it is to refit a standard steering wheel and air bag to a 3rd Gen ssrx ? Mine had a sports wheel fitted by the original owner in Japan.

Its not a big job. Undo 6 allen key bolts an then one big one to remove the hub an then bolt the other wheel back on in place of the hub..

Airbags.. Now im not sure how hard/easy it is to sort that. Should be a case of just plugging it back in.

One thing is to check if it has an airbag warning light. If its removed that triggers an then it wont pass an MOT with it lit so out comes the dash to sort it. You'll need to working an visible to make sure the airbag is set an ready when it goes back in!!

Not a big job at all really... just sounds scary!

Comment

make sure u find out the right way to reconnect the air bag!!!,they do go bang

Comment

steering wheel problem

Cheers guys, it's the bit to do with the air bag that I was unsure about. If anyone could give me an idea of price to have the job done ?

Comment

Steering Wheel Problem

I forgot to mention, as far as the light goes it still illuminates for a short time when you turn on the ignition, as it should and the passenger air bag is still intact.

Comment

before you play with the air bag system disconect the batteries, be aware that the system will still activate once the batts are disconnected i think you have to leave it for about 3 or 4 mins before working on the srs system. I think anything in yellow connectors is a safety system. I am probably talking complete shite if so ignore me, may be somone else might correct me if i am wrong
            SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
              before you play with the air bag system disconect the batteries, be aware that the system will still activate once the batts are disconnected i think you have to leave it for about 3 or 4 mins before working on the srs system. I think anything in yellow connectors is a safety system. I am probably talking complete shite if so ignore me, may be somone else might correct me if i am wrong
              its 30/40 mins

Comment

thanks mate
                SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

steering wheel problem

Cheers, guys thanks for the advice

Comment

Thanks for the reminder guys !

The other day I discovered that (at least) my passenger airbag is missing and probably the drivers too - any ideas what replacements will cost ?

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
                    X