Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do?

Hi
    I've had a bad day with my truck (3lt KZN130). Its been great to me for the last two years and has just got a new MOT. Then today it overheated and I'm pretty certain its the head gone.
    With 180000km its probably only worth £1750 if that in full working order, so £1000 in parts and consumables and a lot of effort hardly seems worth the effort........

What would you guys do.

Change the head and risk the block being warped/rad nurfed/viscous fan stuffed

Offer it to the local scrappy and wave goodbye to a fab piece of metal that has so much left to give

Opinions very welcome as I am stuffed for an answer at the moment.

What makes you think the heads gone? Could be Rad leak, Rad blockage, Air lock...

I've pushed the temperature up on mine once or twice when under heavy load with no ill effects. Am fitting an ATF cooler to improve matters.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

If you're having to ask, you already have your answer.

Comment

It lost 2.5litres of coolant and is blowing lots of bubbles into the expansion tank. It went fully into the red and the heaters went cold. I have refilled it and will take it for a run later to see if the froth is just air coming out from having emptied it or is truly from exhaust gasses in the cooling circuit......

Comment

Working...
        X