Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrc

Latest from Greece was excellent.

Petter Soldberg's new Subaru is impressive!
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Taken from autosport.................

Petter Solberg was encouraged by the debut of the new Subaru Impreza on the Acropolis Rally at the weekend and says the car will win rallies.
    The 2003 champion has been frustrated by uncompetitive cars in recent seasons but was delighted with the debut of the new machine in Greece, where he finished second to Sebastien Loeb.
    "It's been incredible, I'm so pleased I can't put it into words," he said. "There have been big expectations and it's so good for me and the team to be back here again.
    "There is more to come, too, I wasn't taking any risks and, for the first time in the new car, second was not bad at all.
    "This car will win, definitely, that's for sure. It's what everyone has been waiting for, this car has so much potential. This is it, we're coming back."
    Subaru World Rally Team principal David Richards believes the result justified the decision to introduce the car in one of the toughest events of the season.
    "Many thought our decision to come here was risky but the tireless efforts of our test team have been totally vindicated.
    "We came here treating the event as part of an extended test and it exceeded our expectations, we're now onto the next stage of development. The many lessons we've learned here will stand us in good stead for the second half of the season."
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

The road car goes against the grain for many Subaru enthusiasts but it seems to work well.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
      X