S/S plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S/S plate

Anyone know where i can get off cuts of thickish s/s plate? it's for making exhaust bolt together flanges for 3" tube, i found some in mild steel at 8mm but would really like s/s, metalmania and metals direct aint got any,also i was thinking of useing some 2.5mm wall s/s tube so i can weld it with arc, the silencer and flexi i'll have to get someone to mig it for me, for now i just want to
    come from the old flexi connection to the front pipe, and take it out the side infront of the rear wheel, so it'll be adaptor from the front pipe, short new 3" flexi, short bolted flange peice, new 3" silencer with bolted flanges each end,
    3" pipe, 90degree bend short 3" pipe, i want to flange the silencer so i can make up a short pipe, remove the silencer and bolt a straight through section in, (silencer for mot time) ta very much
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
    Anyone know where i can get off cuts of thickish s/s plate? it's for making exhaust bolt together flanges for 3" tube, i found some in mild steel at 8mm but would really like s/s, metalmania and metals direct aint got any,also i was thinking of useing some 2.5mm wall s/s tube so i can weld it with arc, the silencer and flexi i'll have to get someone to mig it for me, for now i just want to
    come from the old flexi connection to the front pipe, and take it out the side infront of the rear wheel, so it'll be adaptor from the front pipe, short new 3" flexi, short bolted flange peice, new 3" silencer with bolted flanges each end,
    3" pipe, 90degree bend short 3" pipe, i want to flange the silencer so i can make up a short pipe, remove the silencer and bolt a straight through section in, (silencer for mot time) ta very much
    Send size and I'll check with local suppier, same place as bolts
    Tony
    www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

Cheer's Tony, i'll draw out what i have in mind and count how many flanges i'll need plus size etc, i guess thickness around 4-8mm summat like that will be strong enough,

right! i need 7 flanges at about 90-100mm sq, 4-8 ishmm in thickness
      that would be fin either in one sheet or several bits, Cheer's mate

Jeez!!! just found some on metals direct, bl00dy expensive, i might have to think again, (mild steel)
      Last edited by POPEYE; 2 June 2008, 19:36.

Comment

Still after this? Send a sketch and i will have a look around at work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex J T View Post
          Still after this? Send a sketch and i will have a look around at work for you.

wil do Alex, thanks, i'll draw em and scan and hopefully post this evening
          cheers ian

Comment

Well drew em but no scanner, so basicly if you imagine a 3" hole with enough metal round it for three bolts and a gasket of some sort that'll do, if not dont worry about it

Comment

No probs. will probably be able to find some stainless bar and cut a few discs up. will get back to you.

Comment

Try metal supermarkets (a branch @ southampton). Leeds branch are usually good for off cuts. give em a try!!
                If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex J T View Post
                  No probs. will probably be able to find some stainless bar and cut a few discs up. will get back to you.
                  Thanks mate, apprecieate it, ian

Comment

Originally posted by GRASSMAN View Post
                    Try metal supermarkets (a branch @ southampton). Leeds branch are usually good for off cuts. give em a try!!
                    cheers, if alex is unable to fine any i'll give em a look,

Comment

Working...
                    X