Newbie saying hello!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
    There's a few people on here selling 2" body lift kits, and suspension lift kits. Also a few companies LA supertux for example. As for fitting them, well there if you're not technically minded I'm sure there are some near you or you can attend a tech weekend. Where a friendly forum member with the knowhow will help you install them.
    and you can watch some members attempt to fracture their skulls(apparently)
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

welcome mate, ask anything you want
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
        and you can watch some members attempt to fracture their skulls(apparently)
        I was trying to see if I could balance a surf on my head, I can't Will try again next tech weekend
        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Hello and welcome.

Mud- See the Drumclog Stien on tour thread, come along and join in, it will be a cracking weekend with some members making an epic trip north. Not too far for you.

Modification- uprated and lifted suspension and bodylift kits are a dodddle. Plenty of info and help on here.

A good few Scottish members and the list is growing. Only a hundred miles from me to you so pop round for a coffee and a chat.

Have a look at the Latest Drumclog pics for a wee taster of what these trucks can do.
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by palmerbloke View Post
            Lifting kit..........where do you get them? am assuming Halfords dont do them

Is it difficult? Am hopless at spanners and stuff
            Look mate, you don't have to lift your Surf. A vast majority of members have standard Surfs and they're very happy with them.

Kerrsurf, Yoshie and loads of others however are serious off roaders and have greatly modified their trucks to make them extremely adaptable.

If you intend to do a lot of off roading then modifications would be the way to go, if however you only want to tag along now and again and you mainly use the truck on tarmac there's no great need for lifts etc. I would suggest however fitting decent AT tyres then you can give off roading a try.
            'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
              Look mate, you don't have to lift your Surf. A vast majority of members have standard Surfs and they're very happy with them.

Kerrsurf, Yoshie and loads of others however are serious off roaders and have greatly modified their trucks to make them extremely adaptable.

If you intend to do a lot of off roading then modifications would be the way to go, if however you only want to tag along now and again and you mainly use the truck on tarmac there's no great need for lifts etc. I would suggest however fitting decent AT tyres then you can give off roading a try.
              No I'm not. I'm quite silly when I'm playing in the mud

S'true though mate, no need to modify to have fun on and off road but if you want help you know how to ask.

Even if you don't want to offroad you can still come and join the fun on the 5th July, say hello and have a few beers.
              Alan

Comment

Welcome

Welcome to the forum
                I've been on here just a few months and its saved me stupid amounts of money, met some very decent peeps on here and had so much (and damn quick) help when needed.

Never thought I would be in to tinkering with cars but now bits are getti ng removed, other bits are getting added, sites are scoured for parts and I have my first CB in 20 years.

Enjoy! you surely will, and start a Surf fund right now. Its like an ISA but has no interest but lots of fun.

Comment

Hi ya

Hi ya... Know what you mean not being really handy with tools!! lots of cut fingers and bruises on the head!...learning really quickly on the surf tho with the help from everyone here... lots of swearing and curses while working but remember before trying anything put some beers in the fridge!!!!! (maybe the bruises and cut fingers come from the beer before working?........oh well its more fun anyway!)
                  The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

What Scorpion said really does ring true mate!!

They look amazing with a big lift an tyres but there is a price to pay an i dont just mean ££ for lift bits!

They will drink more fuel, multi story carparks are out the window, if you get some Mt's on then wet roads are all of a sudden a really, really big hazard that gets me nervous even when its just a light drizzle! A local road has been so flooded recently that i couldn't get over 10mph without either a)kicking up so much water i couldn't see or b)dragging me off the side of the road

Give serious consideration to your needs an requirements before taking the plunge into a big lift.

any questions you have on anything including lifts an tyres will be answered here mate!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                      What Scorpion said really does ring true mate!!

They look amazing with a big lift an tyres but there is a price to pay an i dont just mean ££ for lift bits!

They will drink more fuel, multi story carparks are out the window, if you get some Mt's on then wet roads are all of a sudden a really, really big hazard that gets me nervous even when its just a light drizzle! A local road has been so flooded recently that i couldn't get over 10mph without either a)kicking up so much water i couldn't see or b)dragging me off the side of the road

Give serious consideration to your needs an requirements before taking the plunge into a big lift.

any questions you have on anything including lifts an tyres will be answered here mate!
                      What Rod didn't mention was the extra fun you can have in the mud! these trucks were built to get muddy, bleedin shame to have all that capability and never use it, I don't buy the street queen ethos at all.
                      Doing a few mods makes them even more fun in the sticky stuff and it's a small price to pay if you have to adapt your driving style slightly to make it ok for tarmac, to be honest my truck runs great on the road, even WITHOUT ARB'S! (old joke)
                      Alan

Comment

True, my post was focusing on the negative points!

They are amazing jacked up

Comment

and anyway multistoreys are for poofs, I can park where the hell i like now!

had 2 wee kids giving me the thumbs up for parking halfway up a grass verge when I couldn't find a space anywhere. made me laugh.
                          Alan

Comment

And Clamps don't fit on 33x12.5 ask Graham

Welcome mate see you on the 4th
                            Brian

Comment

Working...
                            X