Newbie saying hello!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie saying hello!!

Thought would say hello. Have just become the owner of a 93 ssrx, impulse buy off a mate!! Missus was suprised but has come to terms with it! (I think!)

Have never had a 4x4 before and must admit that find the whole thing so far a right laugh.

No idea if the thing is modified ( cept for big tyres with Wrangler written on them!)or even anygood. My mate who I bought it off couldnt tell me what the red button does and speculated that the ect switch if pushed would make me happy in some way. He owned it for two years!

Soz am rambling, wanted to know if there are any members in the Carlisle area or good places to get the thing muddy locally!!

Have found the site invaluable so far.

hello and welcome to the forum. In answer to your questions
    1, the red button by the gear selector allows you to change gear when the engine is switched off.
    2, the ECT button is electronic controlled transmission. It means gear changes are controlled by the ECU (I think it's that part) it holds the revs a bit longer between shifts compared to letting the gearbox decide when to change gear. Think of it as a sport mode (pah sport mode in a 2.4)
    3, what size tyres do you have on there? that should help determine if it's been modded to gain extra lift. If it's standard hieght then there's plenty of info here to get it lifted.
    4, not sure who's in your area, I'm sure there are. Same goes for places to go and play.

What colour is it by the way? (thought I'd cast the first stone in the colour war)
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Good job MattF isn't around. He'd go crazy-nuclear at the red button comment, ranting about search buttons etc.

Hello there Palmerbloke!
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Hiya mate, you'd be surprised how many noobs ask about the red button, in fact it's a bit of an in joke amongst senior members. When pressed it allows you to shift the autobox gear selector without the ignition being turned on.

A lot of your questions can be answered by using the Search function.

[EDIT] Shit! You 2 buggers were quick! Having a boring afternoon are we?
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

welcome to the surf forum of pleasure

Comment

'eh up!!

Welcome to the site mate!

Get a couple of pictures up here an show us what you've got!!

If it aint modded it wont be long before you consider it!!

Comment

g,day palmer bloke,and never mind the red button,what the hell is the gold knob for ??
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Welcome to the nuthouse ......Beware the Italian squirrel
                ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

italian/chinese/panda/squirrell surely !!!!
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                    italian/chinese/panda/squirrell surely !!!!
                    Moi ??????

Welcome to the nuthouse, make yourself at home and feel free to join in the banter.

Sorry about Bio, he escaped from Sellafields and no one dare recapture him
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

welcome dude
                      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Thanks for the welcome,

Am gutted thought the red button would turn it into a boat or something!!

I had read through posts before posting? an assumed as a newbie i was obliged to ask about the buttons and switches!! Now i only need to figure out when and why i would need to push them!

My surf is blue and silver got about 160000km on the clock.

Tyre size appears to be 31/10.5 on 15's.

Am gonna try an do the pictures but am a bit of a techno-retard.

Comment

on 31s you got a standard set up surf, time to get some lifting kits Photobucket is good image hosting place. The boat tansforming mod is one yet to be carried out by a forum member (yet) they're good in water though

Comment

Lifting kit..........where do you get them? am assuming Halfords dont do them

Is it difficult? Am hopless at spanners and stuff

Comment

There's a few people on here selling 2" body lift kits, and suspension lift kits. Also a few companies LA supertux for example. As for fitting them, well there if you're not technically minded I'm sure there are some near you or you can attend a tech weekend. Where a friendly forum member with the knowhow will help you install them.

Comment

Working...
                              X