Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone help me understand something about insurance

ok ill try to keep it short, im hoping i can be put straight on this:

last month my truck was written off. it can be fixed its not that bad, but anyway, their insurance company have said pre crash value for my 2.4 is £2250, and they want £125 for towing it away so it = £2125

i dont want them to tow it away. there is no need.

some people have said to me, once they pay out they will collect the car. obviously i dont want this to happen.
    the way i understand it is, someone crashed into me, so therefore they owe me for the repairs. since the vehicle is "beyond economic repair" then i will accept the price of the vehicle. but im not selling them the vehicle.

someone else said they think its the law that the insurance company must remove the car and crush it if this is the case... if they are true then the car will need to be stripped of all its good bits before this happens. the only thing that is damaged is front wing and bumper. and then some suspension components.

obviously i dont want to get myself in trouble either. so any advice is greatly appreciated!
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
    ok ill try to keep it short, im hoping i can be put straight on this:

last month my truck was written off. it can be fixed its not that bad, but anyway, their insurance company have said pre crash value for my 2.4 is £2250, and they want £125 for towing it away so it = £2125

i dont want them to tow it away. there is no need.

some people have said to me, once they pay out they will collect the car. obviously i dont want this to happen.
    the way i understand it is, someone crashed into me, so therefore they owe me for the repairs. since the vehicle is "beyond economic repair" then i will accept the price of the vehicle. but im not selling them the vehicle.

someone else said they think its the law that the insurance company must remove the car and crush it if this is the case... if they are true then the car will need to be stripped of all its good bits before this happens. the only thing that is damaged is front wing and bumper. and then some suspension components.

obviously i dont want to get myself in trouble either. so any advice is greatly appreciated!
    I think you need to holler in Jotto's direction, I am sure he used to be an assessor.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
      I think you need to holler in Jotto's direction, I am sure he used to be an assessor.

Trev
      ello trev hows it going mate? cheers for the reply
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

ello trev hows it going mate? cheers for the reply
        Not too bad mate,

Getting used to driving the squirrelmobile.

Hows you ?

Comment

What catagory write off is it?

Mine was written off last year, but I was allowed to buy the truck back off them.

Once the repairs were done I had to get the truck assesed by a DVLA office, then I could re MOT it and drive it again.
          My other cars a QUAD
          (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
          http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

u need to ask them about it,alot of them now insist they take it away,but it's not law yet,ask them about buying it back,they can only charge u 10% of their valuation,ie it will cost u 225 to buy,then u get the diffrence,just remember your truck will have a "cat" rating,C means fixable,but needs vosa test,B is parts only,not to go on the road again,and A is for the crusher,yrs should be cat c

Comment

i cant find the piece of paper now, but ive put it in a safe place. im in the middle of moving back to my mums,.

the thing i dont understand, what makes it theirs to sell back to you in the first place??? why would i buy my car twice, or give it to them for free? i think im missing something
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Wasn't it Vagrantno2 (Rick) that was the assessor for insurance
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i cant find the piece of paper now, but ive put it in a safe place. im in the middle of moving back to my mums,.

the thing i dont understand, what makes it theirs to sell back to you in the first place??? why would i buy my car twice, or give it to them for free? i think im missing something
                  because they are "paying out" on your car that their client hit,they say it cant be fixed,they give "market value"

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                    Wasn't it Vagrantno2 (Rick) that was the assessor for insurance
                    It could have been, I know it was one of the Vagrants

Comment

Well, if they pay you the £2k odd. then They are purchasing the car off you.. so youve got 2g's burning a hole in your pocket an they have a surf goin for £200!!

Comment

Beyond economic repair means just that. They ain't paying you to get it fixed, they're actually buying the truck from you, therefore once they've paid out it's legally theirs to do with as they wish.
                        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

the question i'd ask would be, why are they charging YOU for towing it away???
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Yes it was Rick (Vagrant No2) who used to be an assesor n if ya shout loud enough he may hear ya .... Good Luck

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
                            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Who cares? They offered you over the odds for an old 2.4, even if they charge you to drag it away. I would take the money and be very grateful.

Comment

Working...
                              X