No announcement yet.

Fog lights question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, thanks for the info guys... Over here, we just have running lights... Both tail lights are illuminated LOL
    Looking for a 1993 Surf 3.0TD in MB, Canada. HELP!

Comment

Originally posted by joedude View Post
      Ah, thanks for the info guys... Over here, we just have running lights... Both tail lights are illuminated LOL
      Fog lights cannot be on without the appropriate lights being one as well - ie you need your tail lights on to have the rear fogs on.

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by joedude View Post
        Let me get this straight... You're required to have a fog light pointing aft to pass a MOT?? That seems kinda strange to me. Aren't fog lights supposed to help you see forward? Unless they only come on when you're reversing... otherwise, wouldn't that be kind of annoying for vehicles following you... having this bright light starring them right in the face?

LOL, rear fog lights are red!!! and brighter than side lights. Like Trev said, its the same power bulb as brake light, but only to be used when its foggy. You should get pulled over by the Plod if you have them on and visability isn't reduced.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
          should get pulled over by the Plod if you have them on and visability isn't reduced.

should being the operative word - how many muppets do you see driving along with sidelights and front fogs on in broad daylight - i'm sure they see their fogs as an extension of the manhood or something equally stupid!

oh, and discovered my fog light switch doesn't illuminate when it's on and there's no warning light anywhere else to say they're on so i'm just gonna have to keep an eye on the switch as it's easy to kick when you're getting in!

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
            should being the operative word - how many muppets do you see driving along with sidelights and front fogs on in broad daylight - i'm sure they see their fogs as an extension of the manhood or something equally stupid!
            What about those who drive in really heavy rain and fog without any lights on? They're just as bad. Why is it that there's always one or two who seem oblivious that everyone has lights on but them.

Oh and I know I'm asking for trouble by saying this but most of them are women! I'm preparing to be ............
            'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Working...
            X