Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where can i get cheap veg oil.

hi all,
    well the time has come as the price of deisel is getting unreal that i wanna try the veg route. Does anyone here know of anywhere in southampton or close surrounds that i can purchase it by the 25 ltr drum or so at a time. i went to to A & B oil to ask if they would sell me any and all i got was a lecture on where theres went and that its only sold 2500 ltr tankers and they would not like to sell me any, why they wouldn't tell me that in the first place i dont know, i guess the bloke just liked the sound of his own voice.well if anyone has any ideas ty.
    davey boy.

Just fill up with red diesel the fines are the same and reds only about 60p a litre
    www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

in 2007 if you have a time machine , dont think there is such a thing as cheap veg oil in 2008,
      you could try the wvo route if you can find a friendly chip shop owner
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

i cant find anyone whos cheaper than costco at 84p a litre in 20 litre drums.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
          Just fill up with red diesel the fines are the same and reds only about 60p a litre
          from where ??
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Boat marina's on the canal
            www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
              in 2007 if you have a time machine , dont think there is such a thing as cheap veg oil in 2008,
              you could try the wvo route if you can find a friendly chip shop owner
              ok then maybe not cheap but would like to find cheaper then £1.19 a ltr as i found in asda.

Comment

£16.49 for 20ltrs in Makro
                SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

What fine

No fine for veg oil up to 2500 ltrs a year allowed without registering
                  Last edited by Taliesins; 31 May 2008, 09:37.
                  Trust your Hound.

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesins View Post
                    What fine

No fine for veg oil up to 2500 ltrs a year allowed without registering

I think that you will find that refers to producing rather than using.

I think? Otherwise how can it be monitored?

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsP...ent#P223_24622

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsP...ument#P20_2550
                    Last edited by lclascaris; 31 May 2008, 09:50.

Comment

Originally posted by lclascaris View Post
                      I think that you will find that refers to producing rather than using.

I think? Otherwise how can it be monitored?

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsP...ent#P223_24622

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsP...ument#P20_2550
                      Please see here post 329 http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...=15893&page=33

You are allowed to make use up to 2500ltr per year. Everyone who fell into this category were deregistered last June.
                      HMRC were fully aware we were using veg as fuel, as such we had to pay tax per ltr and keep records. The letter in the above link went to all who were registered users.
                      Last edited by yoshie; 31 May 2008, 10:04.
                      Brian

Comment

Car Impounded then CRUSHED. Huge fine from REVENUE & CUSTOMS then all the Back Tax to pay back. DONT DO IT
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                        (")_(")

Comment

i did a joint operation with customs and excise the other week and this was a national one against red diesel. tiger's right if you get caught you will lose your vehicle etc and the fine is nice.

they stated that the wvo is up to 2500 litres a year and the way to do this was using a little book and writing down what you used. but like they said who says they can monitor it properly and know exactly what you do use. aslong as there's enteries in the book every so often how can they dispute?

just make sure you do have a log as if you get stopped they will tell you to do so and if it's twice with no log they will start to get arsey as they do record your details etc....

just some friendly advice.

Comment

just makes me chuckle when people are getting mugged,stabbed,murdered,asbo's for all the above and the government agencies can devote so much effort to car related misdemeanours...seems we either have our priorities COMPLETELY wrong or we need dvla to take over all the police duties
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                              just makes me chuckle when people are getting mugged,stabbed,murdered,asbo's for all the above and the government agencies can devote so much effort to car related misdemeanours...seems we either have our priorities COMPLETELY wrong or we need dvla to take over all the police duties
                              well i wish i could catch a murderer every day and convict but it doesn't happen so i just do the intiatives we are asked to do by the goverment. shame really but i think you have a go at the people who do want to actually make a difference and put a lot of work into it really!
                              by the way our wasn't against motorists but traders who think it's fine to rip your gran off for her life savings after doing her drive etc....

Comment

Working...
                              X