Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what brand of tyre + do i have to regear

Hi all.
    Im looking to get some 33's fitted to my girl (running 31" bfg AT's at the mo) but from reading old posts people say that when you go over the 31" mark on tyres you have to regear them, is this true. If so is it easy/hard, chea /expensive.

Also, which tyres should I go for in the 33" range? there are loads out there and i ahve no idea what to go for, I mainly drive her on the road but do occasionally go off-road.

Thanks will
    Last edited by surf-wejd; 30 May 2008, 23:39.

no

depends on how high you want to lift the truck

31x10.5x15= no lift

33x??x15 Needs 4 inch lift either all suspension or a 2+2
    Last edited by BioHazard; 30 May 2008, 19:05.
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazzard View Post
      no

depends on how high you want to lift the truck

31x10.5x15= no lift

33x??x15 Needs 4 inch lift either all suspension or a 2+2

so would i get 35's on with a 6'' lift?
      thats what i booked it in for a 6'' lift
      so if i need higher i will need to know
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

i have a 2" lift at the front and a 3" lift at the back, soon getting my 2" body lift so i can fit th 33's quite well.
        Last edited by surf-wejd; 30 May 2008, 23:35.

Comment

are these any good

http://www.tyremonkey.co.uk/tyres/4x...ml?id=fmKdVcuI

Comment

Originally posted by surf-wejd View Post
            they were, cheap cheerful soft remoulds, fast wearing, but still a good tyre IMO - you won't get em now though, colway went bust last year. Closest you'll get to that is the insa turbo saharas.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
              they were, cheap cheerful soft remoulds, fast wearing, but still a good tyre IMO - you won't get em now though, colway went bust last year. Closest you'll get to that is the insa turbo saharas.
              what would you go for in the 33" range, i realy have no idea, i have seen the bfg's for around £127 but thats a bit steep for me, im looking at the £100 per tyre mark.

Comment

depends on what your primary use is mate?

If your main use is on the road then you don't wanna go too aggressive on tyre choice, if it's more offroad then you do obviously. If you're changing from a 31" AT to a 33" tyre to get better offroad performance you'd get more gains buying a set of cheap steels and 31" mt's and keeping the AT's for road use if they've still got life in them but you just want better offroad ability.

Kuhmo KL71s are a popular choice, personally i'm not a massive fan and would go for one of the various Insa Turbo tyres over them, or grizzly claws, mainly because i run 2 sets of tyres and the KL71s are a compromise between mud and road, more of an aggressive AT than a full blown mud tyre if you like. They are a good compromise, but they're just not for me.

Cooper Discoverer STTS are worth a look IMO, they're kinda in the same boat as the KL71s but a harder compound so should eat up the road miles a bit more and be a little more resistant to tyre damage, slightly different tread pattern too, decide which one you like the look of too.

Decide what your use is gonna be, then look at what other people with similar uses are running.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Working...
                X