Roughtrax towbar saga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roughtrax towbar saga

Thought i would post this for you to read over.

Tuesday i spoke to Barry from Roughtrax, because i had a problem with the tow bar itself.

Basically the side of the main bar has 2 holes, 1 that you put a washer on the bolt and the other is threaded inside the bar so all you do is screw it up, this was the problem it had come off at some point and i didn't realise it.
    So we spoke a couple of times through the day (he phoned me 3 times i think) and he was sorting a replacement sent out to me that day.
    Came yesterday but was raining all day so i fitted it at 5.30am after work and i had eaten and chilled a bit and finally sorted it out and i got the recovery plate back on too, i had to get creative to put the 2 bolts into the chassis as my hand wouldn't reach far enough.
    So I'm happy it's finally on With my snorkel, next is the lift and rock sliders

Also whilst me and Barry were talking (more me moaning as instructions are crap) he explained the spacer plates don't go into the chassis and they in fact go under the chassis with the side angels, he has even put install photo's into a pdf file which u can download from there web site for future users who wish to mount a tow bar

So cheers for that Barry and a great service from Roughtrax and PCT Automotive
    Last edited by Retribution; 29 May 2008, 11:24.

I like that about Barry, he is willing to make sure his customers are happy, he's always been fine with me.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Did you both know that he is a member on here too?

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
        I like that about Barry, he is willing to make sure his customers are happy, he's always been fine with me.
        I aggree, he's a prince amoungst men, ya could'nt meet a nicer bloke,
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Did you both know that he is a member on here too?
          Oh!!! i did'nt know that
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
          X