Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mud pattern tyre shortage - 16'' rims

Hello

Two years ago it was almost impossible to get 33x12.5'' tyres for 15'' rims, unless you paid top dollar.

So I bought a set for 16'' rims - ahhh, foolish me. Now that I need to replace them - yup you've guessed it - the same tyre in a nice mud pattern cannot be found. But there's lots available for 15'' rims, oh yes.

I have chance of some 750x16 (ex Military I think) but cannot find any info on tyre dimensions.

Help with finding 33'' muds for 16'' rims greatly appreciated - I'm getting fed up of looking.
    Another member of the 'A' team

http://www.devon4x4.com/component/op...4/showicons,no

http://www.tyremonkey.co.uk/tyres/4x...res/index.html
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 28 May 2008, 17:28.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo View Post
      Hello

Two years ago it was almost impossible to get 33x12.5'' tyres for 15'' rims, unless you paid top dollar.

So I bought a set for 16'' rims - ahhh, foolish me. Now that I need to replace them - yup you've guessed it - the same tyre in a nice mud pattern cannot be found. But there's lots available for 15'' rims, oh yes.

I have chance of some 750x16 (ex Military I think) but cannot find any info on tyre dimensions.

Help with finding 33'' muds for 16'' rims greatly appreciated - I'm getting fed up of looking.
      I'm hoping to get a set of Paj wheels soon - 15 x 8 6 studs, to sit some 33" MTs on......now there's lovely!
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Hi Vince,

Tyre monkey - been there earlier - gives a great list of out of stock products lol

Devon4x4 won't open - I'll try again later - thanks

Comment

got these for the 3rd gen andy
          mine are 265 75 16 though
          http://www.paddockspares.com/pp/SHOP...Tyre_Only.html
          Last edited by joker??; 28 May 2008, 17:57.
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
            got these for the 3rd gen andy
            mine are 265 75 16 though
            http://www.paddockspares.com/pp/SHOP...Tyre_Only.html
            Thanks Dave - that tyre is only 10.5'' wide - I was loking for 12.5's.

Paddock have that 750 x 16 size available though - does anyone know how wide and what diameter this size tyre is??????

http://www.paddockspares.com/pp/WHEE...Tyre_Only.html

Comment

My 33/12.5x15 and 15x10 rims from Silverline4x4.

Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

They carry 16" stock too.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Kumho and BFG in 16" Here

33" 12.2" wide
                  Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                    Kumho and BFG in 16" Here

33" 12.2" wide
                    I had been onto Camskill - but missed that one - I'll call them in the morning.

Silverline are not showing all of their stock online for some reason.

Thanks for the pointers guys

Comment

this guy is pretty good http://stores.ebay.co.uk/JCS-4x4-Wheels-and-Tyres

Comment

what i can work out about 750x16 is they can also be written as 7.50R16 and they way it's written denotes whether it's radial or crossply construction, the R in the 2nd example denoting radial, not sure if the decimal point is of any significance.

But seemingly they would be the equivalent of a 31x7.50x16 which sounds very tall and skinny, almost too skinny but all i can work out from what i read while the site was down points to that being right.

750 or 7.50 indicates a tyre width of 7.5", and the fact that no aspect ratio is specified means that the ratio is assumed to be 100% or 1:1 so therefore the sidewall height is also 7.5"

: so the overall height is 16" (wheel) + (2 x 7.5"(sidewalls top and bottom)) = 31"
                        and the tyre width is 7.5"

Reading a little more some sites were suggesting that legally the widest rim a 750x16 tyre should be fitted to is 6.5", although some manufacturers are specifying the widest rim for their particular tyres as 7".

Either way, sounds like a very skinny tyre, and as much as i believe skinny tyres may well perform better offroad in a lot of circumstances, that's taking the pee a touch, and it's nowhere near a 33x12.50 anyway.
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

if you can wait for tony's bbq go here .....
                          http://www.micheldever.co.uk/

5 X 31x10.5x15 bfg at's fitted and balanced was £430 last year
                          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

305/75/16 is the proper 33x12.50. Or just over 33" actually but only by like 0.1" !! you can get 285/75/16 which is 33x11.50

from what ive read you wern't happy about having 12.50's on a 7" rim. the 285/75 might be a neat compromise.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                              305/75/16 is the proper 33x12.50. Or just over 33" actually but only by like 0.1" !! you can get 285/75/16 which is 33x11.50

from what ive read you wern't happy about having 12.50's on a 7" rim. the 285/75 might be a neat compromise.
                              Christ, you've been doing your research. But yeah, after I had them delivered I was told by numerous peeps that they should have gone onto 8'' or preferably 10'' wide rims.

So a 11.5'' tyre might be better for my rims.

Having said that, I have never had any problems and they have seen some action over the past couple of years.

Comment

Working...
                              X