Side lights question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side lights question

Do the side lights have to be turned off, (by law), when the main headlamps are on, or can they be on with the headlamps?

Originally posted by MattF View Post
    Do the side lights have to be turned off, (by law), when the main headlamps are on, or can they be on with the headlamps?
    I thought they had to be ON with the headlamps.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Me too. The Surf's sidelights are on when headlamps are on. However, on a lot of cars, dipped beam switches off when full beam is on.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Do you mean side lights or dipped heads? sides can stay on but usually dipped go off when high beam is switched, although i dont think it's illeagle to have dipped and main on together, just bad form to blind some other tw#t tho
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
          Do you mean side lights or dipped heads? sides can stay on but usually dipped go off when high beam is switched, although i dont think it's illeagle to have dipped and main on together, just bad form to blind some other tw#t tho

Hey Ian, I saw an illeagle on springwatch!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Hey Ian, I saw an illeagle on springwatch!

There ya go! your own back
            Attached Files
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Do the side lights have to be turned off, (by law), when the main headlamps are on,no or can they be on with the headlamps?
              yes

Comment

Cheers. For some reason, I thought the sidelights usually were off when the headlights were on. Obviously not.

Comment

Cheers. For some reason, I thought the sidelights usually were off when the headlights were on. Obviously not.
                  Think of them as back-up lights if the headlights fail. If you lose illumination completely from one side of the vehicle, it's an on the spot fine if you're caught.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    Think of them as back-up lights if the headlights fail. If you lose illumination completely from one side of the vehicle, it's an on the spot fine if you're caught.
                    Never thought of it like that. Valid point though. Plus, it does make my rewiring job easier.

Comment

Here's an idea, switch on headlights, jump out of truck, walk 'round to the front of it and see if the sidelights are on as well!

Pardon?
                      Whats that you say? You can't reply to this thread because you're banned?? Oh dear.

Comment

Is he.....
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Killin me man

You guys!
                            What's the Captain Mainwaring joke - or is it private?

Comment

Only private if you don't know.
                              well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Working...
                              X