I got a free-bie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a free-bie

Was down the local recycling centre dumping some stuff from the old flat, and noticed the bloke before me had put something interesting in the skip, so had a chat with the nice man working there and asked if i can have it, he said "take what you want i did not see nothing". It is a momad traction engine, all thats missing is the steering handle and the fire box, cool or what (for those who like these things). I am undecided whether to sell it or keep it, as i quite like that kind of thing......................
    Last edited by LURCH; 26 May 2008, 21:33.
    Working at last.......

i had a mamod staitionary engine in my youth which worked off meths and drove saws and presses via belts which were all fixed to the metal base plate, it was quite fun but got boring after a time, i would have loved a traction engine or steam roller .

Comment

That is cool... nothing better then a cool freebie
      I'd keep it till u get bored of it....
      One day at the time I guess..

Comment

I might have a fire tray for that ian
        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Keep it, i recently sold an old german made marine steam engine on eblag, guy in canada bought it, £75!! it's been knocking about the shed for years and the number of times i nearly chucked it out, also had some mamod tractors which i did chuck out, wish i had'nt,
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazzard View Post
            I might have a fire tray for that ian
            Cheers Ian, i might take you up on that, not been on line much as this dongle thingy does not seem to work well in the evening, and been busy unpacking......
            Working at last.......

Comment

Working...
            X