Front Number Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Number Plate

Newbie just bought 1991 ssr 2.4 great apart from red interior.
    Does anyone know where i can get a stick on front number plate as the bullbar blocks vision of number plate where it should be.
    Plan to stick one on the bonnet.

Thanks.

Originally posted by raff006
    Newbie just bought 1991 ssr 2.4 great apart from red interior.
    Does anyone know where i can get a stick on front number plate as the bullbar blocks vision of number plate where it should be.
    Plan to stick one on the bonnet.

Thanks.
    Stick on plates are available for caravans etc in most motorist shops.
    Its not going to be too visible on the bonnet tho'
    Not unless you get chased by helicopters a lot

I had to move my number plate when I got the A-bar .Can't you fix it to the bullbar ,or fix it on the bumper in a more prominent position?
    Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Originally posted by bensonsnuts
      Stick on plates are available for caravans etc in most motorist shops.
      Its not going to be too visible on the bonnet tho'
      Not unless you get chased by helicopters a lot

I had to move my number plate when I got the A-bar .Can't you fix it to the bullbar ,or fix it on the bumper in a more prominent position?
      One guy on here had an adhesive one on an EGR bonnet guard which made it a lot more visible than on the bonnet itself as the bonnet guard stands up at a more vertical angle.

Cheers

Comment

Roger (Gamedawn) has one on clips that he just clips to the front then removes for off roading....

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

It is now illegal to make up number plates using sticky letters. I have just bought a caravan and to get a number plate for it I have had to produce my V5 logbook, so that the shop can sign the declaration stating they have seen it. They wanted to see my driving licence as well.

Big Brother is watching!
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

You can get a sign maker to make you up some. The law is not retrospective, so if it was already on there, its OK. And, of corse it was......

Can see it being a problem as long as its easy to read for ahead. Which may be tricky on a Surf bonnet. I wouldn't have any qualms of putting on on a bug deflector though, like my Toyota sticker on mine.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Got mine here, mounted on lower part of valance. Just drilled the holes where needed.
              Attached Files
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

i used body trim repair sticky stuff to stick mine on the bumper a little highter than where it should be... it's dead strong stuff and a bit foamy so it holds the plate really well.
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                X