stein lives.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stein lives.

hehehehehehehhehe,oh what a glorious sound.all that faffing about was worth it.stein has survived his heart transplant,and triple bypass.now beats a 3.9 ambulance v8. now just gotta finish the back end and sort a few little oil leaks.
    www.overfab.uk

Brilliant, can't wait to see it all finished.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
      hehehehehehehhehe,oh what a glorious sound.all that faffing about was worth it.stein has survived his heart transplant,and triple bypass.now beats a 3.9 ambulance v8. now just gotta finish the back end and sort a few little oil leaks.
      Great news .......what was the problem ? you sounded right p1ssed off yesterday after having it running and then nothing
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazzard View Post
        Great news .......what was the problem ? you sounded right p1ssed off yesterday after having it running and then nothing
        well you wouldnt believe it,all the problems started after i had moved the distributor to advance the timing,so i had both carbs in bits on the bench this morning coz i was pretty sure it was fuel starvation.then i fitted a new fuel pump.so now i had fuel and i knew it was getting passed the carbs in to the engine,still wouldnt run properly,so a quick re check of the wiring nothing everything was in order,if i had checked the firing order once i had checked it a hundred times,then i decided to make some new h/t leads maybe it was because they were old,so i made a set and nothing still the same.so i though i would check the points once again just to make totally sure,looked at the points and everything was fine there,but then something kinda caught my eye.the leg on the vac advance and retard was in a funny position,so i took the dizzy apart and found the base plate was seized and there was no advance and retard,so i un seized the base plate put it all back together and the bl00dy thing runs sweet as a nut.BAR STEWARD THING.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

har har !!!!!

felicitations

finklevongruberdelmonteearlyle arningcentretescovalueteabagsn atchster vansteinensurf

just add a little electricity strike and it lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

now for world domination
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Hehehe the most problematic things have complicate solutions ........and normally it's something simple
            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

well you wouldnt believe it,all the problems started after i had moved the distributor to advance the timing,so i had both carbs in bits on the bench this morning coz i was pretty sure it was fuel starvation.then i fitted a new fuel pump.so now i had fuel and i knew it was getting passed the carbs in to the engine,still wouldnt run properly,so a quick re check of the wiring nothing everything was in order,if i had checked the firing order once i had checked it a hundred times,then i decided to make some new h/t leads maybe it was because they were old,so i made a set and nothing still the same.so i though i would check the points once again just to make totally sure,looked at the points and everything was fine there,but then something kinda caught my eye.the leg on the vac advance and retard was in a funny position,so i took the dizzy apart and found the base plate was seized and there was no advance and retard,so i un seized the base plate put it all back together and the bl00dy thing runs sweet as a nut.BAR STEWARD THING.
              Excellent!

At least it was something mechanical, A V8 not firing/running with fuel injection, two distributors, seperate igniter/coil packs and an ECU with about 60 wires coming out of it, now THATS a barsteward!!
              Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 25 May 2008, 21:31.

Comment

vince i may be missing a few nuts and bolts here but......im sure i heard yours running on a video??

is this refering to during the build.........
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                  vince i may be missing a few nuts and bolts here but......im sure i heard yours running on a video??

is this refering to during the build.........
                  hehe!! yeah, during. Turned out to be just one bl00dy wire I er, forgot to connect up. It wasn't an important wire, only the one to send voltage to the ignitors!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    hehe!! yeah, during. Turned out to be just one bl00dy wire I er, forgot to connect up. It wasn't an important wire, only the one to send voltage to the ignitors!!!!
                    oh....of course......erm...that wire

(note to self,read up on petrol cars)
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

err yeah i knew it was that
                      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                        oh....of course......erm...that wire

(note to self,read up on petrol cars)
                        He must mean spark plugs. Ignitors are used in turbine engines, and I dont think anyones put one of them in a surf yet!
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                          He must mean spark plugs. Ignitors are used in turbine engines, and I dont think anyones put one of them in a surf yet!
                          I think you have just stumbled upon Vince's next project
                          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

No, I mean ignitors, another name for coil packs. I did give the alternative in my previous post.

Comment

Working...
                            X