X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post

have u looked at the ford excursion?
    Yeah, not too bad but not overly interested in going for an 'suv' again

To be honest, every truck i look at i like for one or another reason but its the 2nd gen Dodge that just keeps coming back to me!! I love the 3rd gen too! 4th is an ugly heap of sh!t!! i dont know what Dodge were thinking

But for me, its 2nd gen all the way! seeing my truck get driven off is going to kill me!! i need to take comfort in the fact i have another one of my dream trucks!

Comment

That IS pretty minging really. And also totally pointless, impractical (wont fit in lots of places and will be completely shit offroad) and impossible to run in th uk if you're not a millionaire.

Why not get your HGV and get paid to drive an artic? Prettier, more practical (maybe you'll get to drive a tanker behind someone who owns one of them things) and you wont have to pay for the fuel!
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

God i love it.... look at the pic of it on the road compared with the freelander.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

LPG equivelant of 19 MPG, (@60p/litre) so on petrol its actually about 9MPG, I couldn't afford to take to the filling station, let alone put 160 litres of fuel in it! (plus another 120 litres of LPG)

It would cost about £250 to fill it up!
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

i was in phoenix a few days ago, and every 10th car is a mental truck like this. usually they are lifted but i see one slammed dually like this.
            when you think that these things are standard out there just makes you dislike most things about the uk..
            im thinking about importing a dually as you can get a 94 dually for £1k. but it would seriously skint me as fuel bills, insurance, tax and all sorts that goes on top.
            it would be better if i just moved out there.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Its ok till you get past the front doors - wtf is going on at the rear?

Looks like it's been stretched and the rear wheels are too far back. Nope sorry - still not as sexy as a Ram.

But that's just my opinion.
              How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

If you want to make a Ram look tiny, get a Ford F 650 (also available F 750)

Spec your own engine and transmission combo too.

Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

You got to ask yourself... what the hell is it FOR???

I've seen loads of them when I've been out in the States, but all of the actual offroaders drive stuff of similar size to us. Saw a truly gorgeous 70's bronco crawler in bright yellow which must have been on 37's on the base we were working on. Guy was only 20ish by the look of him. Lucky git!

Those huge things are pose-mobiles, and I bet the first time you showed one of those things a rock, it would break an axle in advance!
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                    You got to ask yourself... what the hell is it FOR???
                    TOWING!!! ive seen the truck beds used for things like what 18 wheelers trailer. ive seen massive steel caravans and all sorts. they use the truck as a type of juggernaught and they install something in the truck bed to hitch these massive things.

and they articulate (thats the correct term when the cab can move in a different direction to the towing part right?
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Sorry guys, but This whole thread is exactly why I'm so proud to be Canadian!

Here's my current Daily Driver:

1986 GMC High Sierra, 305 V8 w/ Edelbrock intake/headers and Magnaflow exhaust, Posi axles front and rear w/ locking hubs in the front. 6" Suspension lift with 33' Coopers on 15" steel rims.

I absolutely LOVE this truck. It costs an arm and a leg at the pump, but makes it up in Grin factor!
                      Looking for a 1993 Surf 3.0TD in MB, Canada. HELP!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                        TOWING!!! ive seen the truck beds used for things like what 18 wheelers trailer. ive seen massive steel caravans and all sorts. they use the truck as a type of juggernaught and they install something in the truck bed to hitch these massive things.

and they articulate (thats the correct term when the cab can move in a different direction to the towing part right?
                        Fifth wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by joedude View Post
                          Sorry guys, but This whole thread is exactly why I'm so proud to be Canadian!

Here's my current Daily Driver:

1986 GMC High Sierra, 305 V8 w/ Edelbrock intake/headers and Magnaflow exhaust, Posi axles front and rear w/ locking hubs in the front. 6" Suspension lift with 33' Coopers on 15" steel rims.

I absolutely LOVE this truck. It costs an arm and a leg at the pump, but makes it up in Grin factor!
                          Very nice. Always wanted one of those.
                          Are you sure they're 33" tyres? They look a little small.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                            Very nice. Always wanted one of those.
                            Are you sure they're 33" tyres? They look a little small.
                            Hahah THANK YOU!

That's what everyone tells me! They do look tiny under that monster. But Yes, they are 33's

Here's a comparison... Tires vs. Me

Comment

Wow, you're tiny!!!

Didn't realise those trucks were so big.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                                Wow, you're tiny!!!

Didn't realise those trucks were so big.
                                When you're right, you're right! HAHA!

I'll admit that in some trail, this truck isn't the best ever. When it comes to abrupt changes in slope, I easily High centre. But it eats steep slopes for breakfast, throws mud around like its nobody's business, and it has the weight to pull anyone out of any hole.

She sounds angry when she idles, and when you lay it down, good god! All hell breaks loose!

Comment

Working...
                                X