Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the etc etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the etc etc

Went an saw the new Indy movie last night at midnight! Geekfest! loads of people with indy hats on!

Anyway, I loved the other 3 films. Fantastic sets, great actors an awesome traps/puzzles!!!

This one, Kind of stays true to form in that it is an Indy movie but only for the first half. Then it takes a flying leap into the realm of the truly bizzare and random! I couldn't help but sit there and feel like good ole George lucas is at his whole "digging up a movie, splashing some special effects and bodging together loads of 'spin off' sequels an sit an wait for the $$ to pour in!"

It fits in perfectly with the new star wars films!! They are worth a watch but other then "The Return of the Sith" It may have been better to just lay it to rest, Rather then rape its remains for anymore dollars it may have in its pockets.

I got a huge vibe that whilst writing the story for the new movie some of the writers may have had a lapse back to there drug taking days. It just falls apart like an airfix made using dog sh!t.

Some of the C.G.I is really obvious an tacky. Coming from "Industrial light and magic" It does beg the question what happened?!? Pioneers of the C.G.I techniques an here they clearly show that other then a cool name, they "aint much cop guv' "

worth a watch, Its Indiana jones for gods sake! But it might be worth holding that watch off till a dumb mate buys it on DVD an invites everyone round for microwaved popcorn and alcohol free beer!!
    Last edited by RodLeach; 22 May 2008, 15:59.

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
    I got a huge vibe that whilst writing the story for the new movie some of the writers may have had a lapse back to there drug taking days. It just falls apart like an airfix made using dog sh!t.

If I remember correctly there was a succession of writers brought into the fold for the new Indy film but good ol Georgie boy sacked them one by one and decided that he could do a better job of it, this after the unholy cockup that was the last three star wars films left me with the conclusion that this outting for Indy was never going to be all that great...

Still, I will probably watch it at some point but not until it's out on dvd.

Comment

So what will the final installment be...........

Indiana Jones And The Leather Pension Book Wallet?
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Indiana Jones (what a silly name..) and the search for the post office (it is pension day afterall)
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPTJ4v6KPrg
          Kite Surf

Comment

Indiana Jones on 35" tyers of doom.
            monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

crystal skulls ...........ALL FAKE

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7414637.stm
              ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Should the fact that this movie is a crap and cynical attempt at spinnin a bit more cash from a tired idea REALLY be a surprise to anyone with half a brain?!

COME ON!!!!

Sequels rarely stand up after one, or at best two. Its a cheap way for Crappywood to make extra Humvees for brainless 'celebs' before they are consigned to Ant & Dec shows.
                Last edited by Apache; 23 May 2008, 00:25.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

They just don't know how to make good films any more these days. Way too reliant on unbelievable special effects, and they pay sod all attention to making anything even remotely resembling a decent storyline.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                    They just don't know how to make good films any more these days. Way too reliant on unbelievable special effects, and they pay sod all attention to making anything even remotely resembling a decent storyline.
                    Poppycock.

They just don't bother making many good films these days because they don't need to bother, but films such as Downfall, The Life Aquatic and No Country for Old Men are as good as any I've ever seen. Apart from Goodfellas, which is the best film ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                      Poppycock.

They just don't bother making many good films these days because they don't need to bother, but films such as Downfall, The Life Aquatic and No Country for Old Men are as good as any I've ever seen. Apart from Goodfellas, which is the best film ever.
                      did you misspell the shawshank redemption?(but goodfellas is very good i admit......what is it you find funny about me ...huh !!)
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Mmmmmmmm - Goodfella's pizza!!!

Indiana Jones and the walkframe of destiny.....

Too old - I was surprised he was in it to be honest, but then, Sean Connery in the League of totally outragous nonsense - he was knocking on a fair bit when he did that, and pulled it off rather well...
                        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                          did you misspell the shawshank redemption?(but goodfellas is very good i admit......what is it you find funny about me ...huh !!)
                          Never really got the fuss about the Shawshank Redemption. Goodfellas is the only film I've ever watched and felt immersed in, if you know what I mean.

Comment

do you remember a film with dustin hoffman called papillion that was awesome.
                            and yes re immersion and goodfellas,know exactly what you mean,some scenes are so excrutiating,in a real way
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I remember that film papillon and it was a good film.
                              Another good film to watch is sleepers with kevin bacon,robert de nero,dustin hoffman, and jennifer annistons ex.
                              Sleepers is one good film and worth watching in my opinion.
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                              X