she failed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• she failed.

god damn v6 failed the mot today.one n/s/f brake caliper well and truly seized.46% inbalance on the front brakes,and yet i couldnt feel it through the steering or under braking.strange that.but any way,nearly three hours to get one of the pistons out,but i ###### did it.one caliper seal kit later and a really good clean up and he presto all working again.there is a god.just hope the side ive just repaired doesnt work better than the other side now and shifts the imbalance the other way.just my ###### luck it does.
    www.overfab.uk

she failed

Fingers crossed Stein

good luck mate

Comment

sorry to hear, hope you get fixed soon. If it makes you feel better mine flew through an MOT last week
      Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

sorry to hear m8 i know youll get it past the mot m8

Comment

good luck with the re-test
          I hope u don't have to do the other side as well
          One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Glad I ain't the only one who's had a bitch of a time doing brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
              Glad I ain't the only one who's had a bitch of a time doing brakes.
              a bitch aint the word for it.it nearly went flying across the workshop on more than one occassion. oh and thanks for all the words of encouragement guys.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Why is it always n/s/f caliper, seems a wee design in service issue mistake by Mr Toyota.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Good luck for the retest old bean
                  ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                    Why is it always n/s/f caliper, seems a wee design in service issue mistake by Mr Toyota.
                    Mine was o/s/f
                    My other cars a QUAD
                    (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                    http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazzard View Post
                      Good luck for the retest old bean
                      I'd hate to see his post if it failed on the other side now. (Not that I'm trying to put the speck on, btw). Good luck Mark.

Comment

Sounds like you've been sold a pup Mark. I'd find the previous owner and hang the bugger up by his balls.....

It did used to wriggle a little under hard braking but I've locked it up and ended up in a straight line before.

Must be all that dreadful mud you insist on driving around in.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                          Sounds like you've been sold a pup Mark. I'd find the previous owner and hang the bugger up by his balls.....

It did used to wriggle a little under hard braking but I've locked it up and ended up in a straight line before.

Must be all that dreadful mud you insist on driving around in.
                          hang the bugga by the balls you say,tell you what how about i pick him up by his doctor spock ears and kick his lips all round the car park.BUT YOU WILL BE PLEASED TO KNOW SHE PASSED TODAY.so all that messin around last night paid off.i could of just swapped the caliper over with one off a breaker i have here, but wheres the fun in that .so YIPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEE.another years motoring for the price of a mot.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                            I'd hate to see his post if it failed on the other side now. (Not that I'm trying to put the speck on, btw). Good luck Mark.
                            read it and weep matt,not even your voodoo black magic can get me here.she passed.
                            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                            X