Murphy is being violated....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murphy is being violated....

as we speak there are strange men Murphy has never met with their greasy hands on his nether regions..... the head is off !!!! it happened.... further to my weekend msg for help, we did get going again with the thermo stuck open, this was OK, no rise in temp but a couple of days later.....caboooooommmm. RAC dragged him off to a local garage. A tiny place , missed it completely when I first drove down the road. I was a bit concerend when we pulled up but the guy immediately said what he would do, how long, when he'd let us know the outcome of the pressure test etc.... no inhaled whistles. No choice really, can't move the poor sod.
    Will update when news arrives... I'm a bit relieved in a way.... at least if it has gone and is replaced, we won't have to worry about it possibly happening.... coz it already has...... happy future motoring....
    Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Originally posted by Helen
    as we speak there are strange men Murphy has never met with their greasy hands on his nether regions..... the head is off !!!! it happened.... further to my weekend msg for help, we did get going again with the thermo stuck open, this was OK, no rise in temp but a couple of days later.....caboooooommmm. RAC dragged him off to a local garage. A tiny place , missed it completely when I first drove down the road. I was a bit concerend when we pulled up but the guy immediately said what he would do, how long, when he'd let us know the outcome of the pressure test etc.... no inhaled whistles. No choice really, can't move the poor sod.
    Will update when news arrives... I'm a bit relieved in a way.... at least if it has gone and is replaced, we won't have to worry about it possibly happening.... coz it already has...... happy future motoring....
    As Brian once said 'Always look on the bright side of life'
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

very philisophical. a very healthy attitude.
      mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Update

The head went like a Charlie Dimmock water feature apparently. Spouted like a fountain he said. Oh and the water pump is shagged too.... and while it's in bits he might as well do the cam belt.......... we will make sure we get all the replaced bits back... just to make sure they're done, not that we'll be able to see sod all....

Should have new head by Monday/Tues, maybe it will be done in time for Easter weekend. I am without car as Tom is having to use mine to get to work and I'm left walking the mile to the station. OK walking down but it's a very steep hill to get back up..

Hey ho...on we go....

Comment

The head went like a Charlie Dimmock water feature apparently. Spouted like a fountain he said. Oh and the water pump is shagged too.... and while it's in bits he might as well do the cam belt.......... we will make sure we get all the replaced bits back... just to make sure they're done, not that we'll be able to see sod all....

Should have new head by Monday/Tues, maybe it will be done in time for Easter weekend. I am without car as Tom is having to use mine to get to work and I'm left walking the mile to the station. OK walking down but it's a very steep hill to get back up..

Hey ho...on we go....
          Good luck with it, sorry that the head had gone but at least you will now have a motor that you can rely on. You probably won't be able to have the head back as they are generally exchange units, but the water pump and belt should be no problem. Good that he is going to do the belt, wouldn't personally ever put a belt back on again once it has been off.

Hopefully if he doesn't get sidetracked should take a day to put back together and test drive so hopefully you'll have it back by the weekend.

Cheers

Comment

Andy,

When you say exchange units...... please say that doesn't mean they recon them and put 'em out again....

Comment

Andy,

When you say exchange units...... please say that doesn't mean they recon them and put 'em out again....
              No, some places will, however if you are getting one from a place that says it's new, then it should be new. If the head isn't damaged they will recon it, if it is cracked in a couple of places then it may be stitched.

Generally the suppliers will then send them back to the wholesaler who then send it back to the manufacturer who will melt them down and reuse the metal or sell for scrap, may become a wrought iron fence or something.

Cheers

Comment

Phew......thanks Andy.
                My little heart skipped a beat or two... I could have used it as a novelty plant holder or something,

Comment

Phew......thanks Andy.
                  My little heart skipped a beat or two... I could have used it as a novelty plant holder or something,
                  No good as a plant holder,it wont keep the water in.

Comment

Working...
                  X