well busted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well busted

i would say this is well busted wouldnt you? is it alright to run like this for a few weeks?

yh your be fine just don't go off rading like it. it's only a cv boot.
    quick fix gafer tape will stop the grease from spreading more

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
      yh your be fine just don't go off rading like it. it's only a cv boot.
      quick fix gafer tape will stop the grease from spreading more
      its to split to gaffer tape m8

Comment

bloomin' heck will!! Thats worse then my "catastrophic failure"

They aint expensive to buy mate, around £20. Do you have free wheeling hubs mate?! If not i'd get some!

I've got to sort some out soon. Or its going to be more trips to roughtrax an more trips to my uncles!

Comment

just wrap in clingfilm and gaffer tape it.
          although if the cv joint is still ok I'd get the boot sorted out asap.

not a big job really.
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
            bloomin' heck will!! Thats worse then my "catastrophic failure"

They aint expensive to buy mate, around £20. Do you have free wheeling hubs mate?! If not i'd get some!

I've got to sort some out soon. Or its going to be more trips to roughtrax an more trips to my uncles!
            yeah but i cant do the job myself me n no i dont have any freewheeling hubs so im stuck at min

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
              just wrap in clingfilm and gaffer tape it.
              although if the cv joint is still ok I'd get the boot sorted out asap.

not a big job really.
              I'd watch out for the clingfilm! it got wrapped around the cv joint in one horrible greasy knotted mess

Originally posted by pirate-storm View Post
              yeah but i cant do the job myself me n no i dont have any freewheeling hubs so im stuck at min

As Kerrsurf said mate, its not that hard. took me an my cousin about 1.5hrs to do it an we'd never done one before. a jack an some basic tools will sort it!

Problem is if the cv joint goes then you have to add another £70+vat+del. (for new) to replace it!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                I'd watch out for the clingfilm! it got wrapped around the cv joint in one horrible greasy knotted mess

As Kerrsurf said mate, its not that hard. took me an my cousin about 1.5hrs to do it an we'd never done one before. a jack an some basic tools will sort it!

Problem is if the cv joint goes then you have to add another £70+vat+del. (for new) to replace it!
                we talking bout me here rod

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm View Post
                  i would say this is well busted wouldnt you? is it alright to run like this for a few weeks?

Will !!

What did i tell you about prodding it with a screw driver to see if it was full of grease only joking

Looks like you need to be taking it carefull for the next few days until you get it replaced. Will be a bugger to get the grease cleaned up afterwards.

Comment

Looking at the angle of those drive shafts, you NEED manual hubs mate.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                      Looking at the angle of those drive shafts, you NEED manual hubs mate.

plus they look good!
                      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                        plus they look good!
                        They do, and they are hard to get hold of ATM, 4-5 weeks waits ATM.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                          They do, and they are hard to get hold of ATM, 4-5 weeks waits ATM.

they have been such a good mod(cheers tony for suggesting)

my cv boots are over 2 years old (probably more) and have been through two mot's so they must have started ,if not paid for themselves by now
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

the ones i had on my truck was faulty [green truck stormy had], left one kept freezing
                            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

what you mean freezing ??
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X