good vibes obviously never made it to llandudno

failed on all front lights
    super white led side lights......fail
    xenon charged e marked h/lights......fail
    spots ,couldnt find switch (blind tester).....fail
    spots , integral side lights ........fail
    fog light not pointing fully rearward.....fail
    apaches tribal sticker at top of screen .....fail
    informed Mrs Mudskipper the vehicle is likley to go up in flames as the spots and sides are wired via scotch locks with no fuse or relay or independent switching.
    if they pass it tomorrow i will lodge a complaint with the manager as the scotch locks the tester could see are for the trigger wires for the relays, which are fused and on their own switch.
    kwik fit need
    Hell looking at that list mine should fail every year.
    Saying that I've taken over the job of MOT preping my sisters truck cause the garage that she used failed it last year cause the fog light was too near the brake light and not central to the vehicle. MOT testers do not appear to use the same check sheet.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

the only one on that list that could be argued a genuine fail is the tribal sticker, as a general rule if any part of it is inside the wiper sweep it's a fail, also not sure about having two sets of sidelights, but i think you are allowed them.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

update
        wife took it back today
        1. they tried to charge her for a retest till she pointed it out on the fail sheet that a partial retest is free if bought back by the end of the next working day,

2. they then decided that the lights were out of aim so they supposedly realigned them and charged her £15 cash, till she asked for a receipt, so they then made a reciept out for a discounted retest @£15.00 (he got the change from a £20 note out of another mechanics(term used loosely) pocket

3. the bulbs i had in were xenon filled and 'e' marked, none of the surf light units have 'e' marks on them, technically all imports should have there light units changed to 'e' marked units, i believe this is over looked coz japans lights law is as good as ours if not better

4.as regard to the tribal sticker, fair enough but our works vans have stickers for no smoking in their screens, in the A zone but nothing is ever said about them.

rant over for now
        but i will add to this if i get an interesting reply to an email i will send there head office
        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

j j

hi john, sorry you had all that hassle, still no worries for another year,take care mate,

Comment

cheers for that Kevin, hows yours doing now?
            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

mine

hi john, seems ok at the mo, just orderd the angled pipe that goes onto turbo,
              its cracked and brittle, mite be me birdie noise im told, fingers crossed, cheers

Comment

Working...
              X