A little help! please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little help! please

I have a problem with my drivers window not opening.
    The door lock works, the mirror adjustment works and all the other windows work on their own switches. I just cant open the drivers window or the other windows from the drivers switches.

Is this likely to be a broken wire where the door hinges and if so anyone got any idea which one its likely to be..I know it a long shot but havent got much time to sort this.

thanks a bunch

Mike
    I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

aah i have a similar problem see thread: http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=45587

The general concensus is the most likely fault area is in the rubber connector between the door and the panel in the drivers foot well wires break due to being flexed with the doore opening and closing.

it could also be the master switch connections being dirty see

http://toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/faultyswitches.htm

hopefully one or tother will fix your issue, mine rages on.
    Tell me if I'm wrong, it the only way I'll learn

Comment

Yup, mines the same, has been for two years or more, just never seem to get round to fixing it.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob View Post
        Yup, mines the same, has been for two years or more, just never seem to get round to fixing it.
        2 years without a drivers window, shame on you, that would do my head in
        www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

I never realy need to use it, the weather is never good enough to have it down, and on the odd hot days we get, I just turn on the air con.
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

you have air con !!
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob View Post
              I never realy need to use it, the weather is never good enough to have it down, and on the odd hot days we get, I just turn on the air con.
              Flash Harry
              www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Well i cleaned the switch cluster and tested the wiring loom for faults and found two wires that did nt make a connection when tested. What can i do about then???? any ideas or is it a case of replacement wiring loom.???

cheers

Mike
                I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike66 View Post
                  Well i cleaned the switch cluster and tested the wiring loom for faults and found two wires that did nt make a connection when tested. What can i do about then???? any ideas or is it a case of replacement wiring loom.???

cheers

Mike
                  Run two new wires through the conduit and solder them in to the old ones either side of the breaks, cut the old bits of wire right out when you do it, keeps everything nice and neat, can also use the old wires you're cutting out to pull the new wires through aswell if you do it that way.
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

Working...
                  X