Half nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half nuts

Would, perchance, anyone happen to have any 3/8" UNF half nuts in their collection, (usable ones Stormy ), or know what type of places may possibly stock them?

Cheers much.

Originally posted by MattF View Post
    Would, perchance, anyone happen to have any 3/8" UNF half nuts in their collection, (usable ones Stormy ), or know what type of places may possibly stock them?

Cheers much.
    can you speak english please Matt.. i got loads of nuts and bolts here from the breakers but what the hell are unf half nuts and i take it you don't want half the bolts left in them
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Cheers much.
      HOW MANY DO YOU WANT MATT.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
        HOW MANY DO YOU WANT MATT.
        Four. It's just for the flexi hoses. Realised that full size nuts won't leave enough room for the pipe nut to secure, and one of the old pipes I took off had been cross threaded, so the original nuts from that one are of debatable quality.

Comment

I have probably got some full nuts if any good, I take it you mean 1/2 thickness nuts as in locking nuts?
          Did I mention I have a BLUE one
          Tony

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
            can you speak english please Matt.. i got loads of nuts and bolts here from the breakers but what the hell are unf half nuts and i take it you don't want half the bolts left in them
            UNF thread, half normal height nut. Snapped bolts? That's not like you Rich.

Comment

Four. It's just for the flexi hoses. Realised that full size nuts won't leave enough room for the pipe nut to secure, and one of the old pipes I took off had been cross threaded, so the original nuts from that one are of debatable quality.
              WELL I HAVE LOADS HERE pm me your addy and i will send you some.alternatively can you not just cut some full nuts in half.???
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires View Post
                I have probably got some full nuts if any good, I take it you mean 1/2 thickness nuts as in locking nuts?
                Yup. Have some full heights here, but went I went to pop the hoses on earlier, and using those only leaves about an 1/8" of the thread spare for the pipe nut to go on to.

Comment

WELL I HAVE LOADS HERE pm me your addy and i will send you some.alternatively can you not just cut some full nuts in half.???
                  You're talking to Mr Hand Tools Only here. None of these fancy grinders or cutters where I'm concerned. It'd be a first class lesson in frustration trying to cut them by hand.

Comment

You're talking to Mr Hand Tools Only here. None of these fancy grinders or cutters where I'm concerned. It'd be a first class lesson in frustration trying to cut them by hand.
                    ever heard of a hacksaw.###### smilies arnt working again
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

ever heard of a hacksaw.###### smilies arnt working again
                      Oh, don't get me started on the smilies thing. Just due to having a twisted sense of [something], I'll nip out and have a go at chopping one down now. I can remember my previous attempt at this ending with a slightly iffy pair of nuts though.

Comment

Oh, don't get me started on the smilies thing. Just due to having a twisted sense of [something], I'll nip out and have a go at chopping one down now. I can remember my previous attempt at this ending with a slightly iffy pair of nuts though.
                        not only are you quick but you have an iffy pair of nuts too.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Why do you think I'm quick.

Comment

And lacking in QUALITY as well
                            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Why do you think I'm quick.
                              thats what you mrs told me last night.wink.wink.grin.
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X