Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herr Surfvatchmarkinstienfabricatio nmiester

Plans arrived mate, thanks a bunch, appreceiate it,
    the wireing side of it looks straightforward, just a couple of points there! i take it it dont matter which if the two pressure switch wires you run to earth, and i've a 40amp relay looking for a home, will that be ok ?,
    as for the pipeing, i did fine some the same o/d as the 1/8th red but the bore is smaller, so before i go buying pipe/fittings etc is there any benifiet to be gained by increaseing the size of the fittings and pipe or not,?
    also i've replaced the fitting on the tank (pictured, with the plastic screw on cap with an airline snap on connector so i can run a line into the back comp cubby hole as a feed for pumping up tyres etc, is this ok?

i'll need some help/advise in pipeing up the ram (anyone) the drawing shows the center port in the 5 port solinoid valve (?) going to "item" but the ram has three ports, two at the front (ram end) and one on the rear, and where does the regulator valve fit? (which port)

sorry for going on a bit i'm going to have to wire "step" in and out warning light as i already drove off with the bugger out,

last pics the comp fitted where the o/s rear cubby hole was, i'm running pipeing through the moisture trap you see (as i already had it, it's from the air doors on busses, and normally has the coloured segment gauge on it,) but prob not needed as i see the thing on top of the comp is an air dryer, well it's fitted now so sod it,

Attached Files
    Last edited by POPEYE; 17 May 2008, 15:32.
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

I assume we are talking about and air operated cylinder (ram) without seeing the cylinder it is hard to say what the two ports are, they usually only have one unless it has a brake fitted to the end, if not then it would normally be a second entry point but unusual, as for the speed regulator you should fit them on the exhaust as they only regulate one way, you will require two otherwise it will come out really fast.
    Roy
    When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

Originally posted by roylittle0 View Post
      I assume we are talking about and air operated cylinder (ram) without seeing the cylinder it is hard to say what the two ports are, they usually only have one unless it has a brake fitted to the end, if not then it would normally be a second entry point but unusual, as for the speed regulator you should fit them on the exhaust as they only regulate one way, you will require two otherwise it will come out really fast.
      It's to opperate the side step i made Roy, i need it to come out and go back fairly slowly (or it might wack me or the missis in the shins) i'll see if i can find any pic that show the ports on it,

Comment

put it this way ian you could always use it as an anti hijacking weapon if it comes out to fast.
        nope it dont matter what side of the switch you earth.
        it shouldnt make any difference what size the pipe is
        that relay should be more than enough.
        Last edited by surfenstein; 17 May 2008, 16:41.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
          It's to opperate the side step i made Roy, i need it to come out and go back fairly slowly (or it might wack me or the missis in the shins) i'll see if i can find any pic that show the ports on it,
          Just reduce the air pressure going to the ram to slow it down.

Comment

Cheers Mark, you'll do for me
            OK Roy heres the ram/cylinder, i think it called a double acting cylinder, it needs powering in and out, really not to worried about it going back in fast, but it'll need to come out slowly (ish)
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Just reduce the air pressure going to the ram to slow it down.
              Woppit sent me this regulator with the ram to do that, i'm assumeing it goes in the end (rear) port as that one will be the one that pushes the piston forward, but i aint sure and where does the exhaust go. saw some exhaust port things on ebay, little filters in em, do i need some of them?
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                Woppit sent me this regulator with the ram to do that, i'm assumeing it goes in the end (rear) port as that one will be the one that pushes the piston forward, but i aint sure and where does the exhaust go. saw some exhaust port things on ebay, little filters in em, do i need some of them?
                The little blue ones? Yeah, it would be a good idea, you don't want any s**t getting in the cylinder.

You need two, three-way ports, pressure, exhaust, filter.

Comment

The item in the picture is a speed controller it meters the air out of the cylinder but no into it, therefore if you want the cylinder slow coming out then it needs to be on the front of the cylinder, so you will be better off with 2 of the to control in and out (this type of speed controller only meters air out not in). as for reducing the main air pressure, yes this will do the job but it will reduce the air to the tool outlet and you will not have enough pressure to pump up a tire. The 2 outlets on the front of the cylinder just look like twin ports; one will require blanking off or may be just a dummy port.
                  Roy
                  When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

The more i look at it the more confused i'm getting, three port valves?
                    this air flow regulator! i can blow through it both ways, been trying to find diags of pipeing on google but to no avail, think i'll have to go somewhere that sells the stuff, its makeing me head hurt

as an afterthought, this comps designed for air bags, would i be better getting another 5 port solinoid valve for the ram and keeping this for air bags which at some point i'd like to fit?
                    Last edited by POPEYE; 17 May 2008, 19:56.

Comment

Working...
                    X